The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tax Payers Lose 9.7 BILLION On GM Bailout!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Oh, I see now. Doesn't matter what her opposition stood for, just don't vote for a Democrat. Even if the Democrat is the more Conservative. And, I don't care where your Boys Club For Growth goons rank her, the La Oilfield is in support of her because she always fights for more offshore drilling! Looking at the Family Values clown she is running against, I'll probably vote for her too.
    Franco - You originated this thread - You routinely castigate folks for voting for what they consider the best option - Now you want to operate by a different standard - Tell the readers, Are YOU a HYPOCRITE? It looks to me like you qualify .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Yeah, he did. Taxpayers are on the gig for a new hockey arena, a new university stadium, a new baseball park, a new NFL football stadium in Minnesota. The NFL and pro sport teams are businesses. They should build and own their own venues instead of sucking the public dry. They come here and argue its for the kids, Right! You have to clean out your bank account to take your kid to a game. But we aren't going to spend money to educate him.

At least the auto companies make a durable good. Ball games are a short expensive thrill.

Why is one set of government subsidies wrong in the case of the banks and the car companies and OK for professional sports teams. I need some insight into the conservative mind, here. Enlighten me.
    You are arguing apples & oranges - the feds & the states are two different venues - I know no fiscal conservatives who believe in any form of subsidy .

Marvin S

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by HuntClub View Post
    Didn't your leader Crazy Dayton sign that one? .
    Yes he did. Bad move on a bad bill brought by the Republicans, Senjem and Rosen, filled with all kinds of bad fiscal projections to pay for it. BUt they did say it will provide lots and lots of jobs.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    You are arguing apples & oranges - the feds & the states are two different venues - I know no fiscal conservatives who believe in any form of subsidy .
    The issue is consistency in philosophy in regard to public funds. State or Federal -- both issues are nationwide, especially when the NFL gets off as a tax exempt entity. You may not be for any type of subsidy, but a lot of conservatives look the other way when a barrel of pork rolls their way.
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    The issue is consistency in philosophy in regard to public funds. State or Federal -- both issues are nationwide, especially when the NFL gets off as a tax exempt entity. You may not be for any type of subsidy, but a lot of conservatives look the other way when a barrel of pork rolls their way.
    Having the name does not mean they adhere to the brand - but from your vantage point, a lot of people would qualify as conservative IYM .

Marvin S

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Franco - You originated this thread - You routinely castigate folks for voting for what they consider the best option - Now you want to operate by a different standard - Tell the readers, Are YOU a HYPOCRITE? It looks to me like you qualify .
    \Only a different standard in your mind! I support the most Libertarian politicians, no matter which Party they belong to. Landrieu may lean Liberal but what you fail to consider are the politicians she has run against and what they stood for. Just recently, on another thread you proclaimed yourself to be a Libertarian. Yet, you refuse to support any of the politicians running that are supported by the Libertarian Party. That is what I call hypocritical!
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org