The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More FT rules....fair?

Default More FT rules....fair?

at the Palmetto trial coming up there is this note.....

"***NATIONAL OPEN QUALIFIERS***

The National Retriever Club has imposed a rule for dogs that are qualified for the National Open requiring that they shall not train or run on the grounds 30 days prior to the National. If you are already qualified, you are welcome to enter and run our trial but this will disqualify the dog from running the National. Dogs that are not previously qualified for the National, prior to the start of the trial, and who earn qualification points at our trial will be allowed to run at the National.
    If you have any questions, please contact the National Retriever Club."

so it is possible for only one dog at the National to have run on these grounds 30 days before the National? I am i thinking correctly ?
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget Bodine View Post
    at the Palmetto trial coming up there is this note.....

"***NATIONAL OPEN QUALIFIERS***

The National Retriever Club has imposed a rule for dogs that are qualified for the National Open requiring that they shall not train or run on the grounds 30 days prior to the National. If you are already qualified, you are welcome to enter and run our trial but this will disqualify the dog from running the National. Dogs that are not previously qualified for the National, prior to the start of the trial, and who earn qualification points at our trial will be allowed to run at the National.
    If you have any questions, please contact the National Retriever Club."

so it is possible for only one dog at the National to have run on these grounds 30 days before the National? I am i thinking correctly ?
    Theoretically all four places 1-4 could have been National Qualifiers....
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

and i'm sure there's more than one national qualifier that trains there on a regular basis
    Darrin Greene

Quote Originally Posted by DarrinGreene View Post
    and i'm sure there's more than one national qualifier that trains there on a regular basis
    Not nearly as many as one would think--at least not since last spring--given the quality of the resource. Except for pros that come down for the winter, it isn't used that much by FT pros. There are a couple of folks who train there fairly regularly when their dogs are not with their pros, but it is used more from January to April than the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Theoretically all four places 1-4 could have been National Qualifiers....
    I don't think anyone qualified at Carolina Piedmont last weekend, but in theory it could have been 8 and there could be dogs that qualify that run it twice within 30 days if they qualify at Palmetto and ran Carolina Piedmont.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    I don't think anyone qualified at Carolina Piedmont last weekend, but in theory it could have been 8 and there could be dogs that qualify that run it twice within 30 days if they qualify at Palmetto and ran Carolina Piedmont.
    Eight could theoretically qualified for the National Amateur - only four for the National.

Quote Originally Posted by CRNAret View Post
    Eight could theoretically qualified for the National Amateur - only four for the National.
    We are talking about the NFC, not the NAFC, which isn't relevant since it is not being held at Cheraw. Theoretically, 8 dogs could have qualified and run on the grounds in less than 30 days from the national because 4 could have qualified at CPRC and another 4 at PRC.

Default 30 day rule

It's a Goofy development fueled by paranoia -

The 'ole Goose & Gander' thing.

Dog's have memories that far exceed 30 days -

Bill Connor
    Last edited by canuckkiller; 10-30-2013 at 12:48 PM.

As long as the grounds are open to the public, I see no reason for a rule expanding the prohibition to one that is past the "one day before" limit...

john

As an aside....Quite another matter and of far grater impact on FT's in general is the apparent inequity of running the W/E trial on private grounds where only various select groups train , either by invitation , a quid pro quo arraingment, or if selected,for a fee.

For the most part, I am limiting my remarks to grounds that meet the above criteria but in spite of this, are where a lot of the trails in a geographic area are held
    Last edited by john fallon; 10-30-2013 at 06:05 PM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Of course!

Unqualified dogs ... those that "might" qualify on the grounds, etc. ... have as good a memory as the qualified dogs.

Bill Connor