RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Outdoor Edge Swingblade Knife

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Bigdaddysfishn 
#1 ·
I've seen a lot of good reviews about this knife,I'm really close to pulling the trigger on buying it .Anyone here have any feed back on them? Does the blade hold an edge ? Does the gut blade work as described?

Knife Blade Orange Cutting tool Utility knife

See less See more
#4 ·
This is the best hunting and skinning knife hands down. Always holds an edge because when a blade dulls, simply replace it. Very inexpensive to replace the blades and they are legitimately surgical blades. I was field dressing a deer a couple years ago at camp and one of the guys that always is there is a surgeon at the Mayo Clinic. He said those were the exact blades he uses on the table.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/85...-60xt-stainless-steel-blade-abs-handle-orange

#6 ·
I myself am thinking about buying this knife but they have came out with one with replacement blades also. Haven't seen the new one yet but have seen the swing blade at wally world for $50. The gutting blade may sway me. I can't sharpen a knife at all!!! That's why I like the replacement blades. Look at the youtube video of the worlds fastest deer skinner. WOW! He can skin and gut a deer in less than 2 mins. Takes me a little longer(A LOT)!!!

#7 ·
We are on deer number 6 between my son and I . I like the swing blade , holds a good edge and still sharpens easy with a chepo sharpener. The gut hook design is the best I've came across to date. It would be even better if it was offered with the Kodi Pack set up (caping blade and T handle bone saw).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.