The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Titled dogs from untitled parents

Default Titled dogs from untitled parents

2 other threads got me thinking and I know there are folks here that have the skinny so....

How many and who - FC, AFC, etc from litters where dam and sire had achieve no more that qaa, MH, HRCH status.

More than one could count....but these two off the top of my head because they belonged to friends of mine

FC AFC Misty Morning Teal- O/H George Wilson: she came from untitled parents, but her grandsire was NFC Mi Cris Sailor and NFC AFC Butte's Blue Moon on her dam side

1972 NFC AFC Royal Moose's Moe- O/H William D Connor : had NFC AFC Cork of Oakwood on his sire's side and NFC Dual Ch Shed of Arden on his dam's side
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I often think of the breeding game and how many potential NFC dogs may be sitting on the front seat of some ones farm truck right now or catching an afternoon breeze on an old front porch. One Good Example I often think about is one of the most commonly known dogs in history Ebnostar lean mac. According to Hunting lab pedigree.com lean mac had 4 brothers and sisters. Correct me if I am wrong but I don’t see where any of his siblings titled in anything higher than SH. Was this due to the homes of Mac's siblings or that Mac was just a super dog? What if Mr MacLean had chosen one of mac's brothers would it have had the same potential? People have paid some serious money to carry on Mac's genetics over the years while his sibling who possibly carry the same genetic DNA get over looked because they were either not placed in a competitive home? I haven’t done much research on the topic but i would like to know if there are any AFC or FC or possible NFC that come from entirely Non-title pedigrees... Creating a Similar situation to the Baseball movie Money Ball for the retriever game. I know the when it comes to picking pups everyone looks for the stats and stats don’t lie which has proven many of successful NFC and FC. But i bet there has been some No names that carried that same NFC genetic make-up that may have come from siblings to a NFC that were overlooked due to its home placement.
    Last edited by ada5771; 10-30-2013 at 04:57 PM.
    Drew Allain

Cajun Made King "Zeus"

A buddy of mine often says"the best dog in the world is probably laying on somebody's couch".
    How The West was Won ( Colt)
    Delilahs Addicted to Mischief ( Delilah) My Jammin little girl
    Extreme Dixies Rebel Yell ( Dixie ) JH
    Dawsons Little Sable (Sable) 12 /08 - 5/14 , We'll hunt again someday girl.

St. Thomas, the great doctor and theologian, warns about the proper use of animals, lest they appear at the final Judgment against us: and God himself will take vengeance on all who misuse his creatures.

Sherwin Scott (RIP) bought Lean Mac from Canadian John MacLean after a successful Derby career, and was trained by Don Remien
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    More than one could count....but these two off the top of my head because they belonged to friends of mine

FC AFC Misty Morning Teal- O/H George Wilson: she came from untitled parents, but her grandsire was NFC Mi Cris Sailor and NFC AFC Butte's Blue Moon on her dam side

1972 NFC AFC Royal Moose's Moe- O/H William D Connor : had NFC AFC Cork of Oakwood on his sire's side and NFC Dual Ch Shed of Arden on his dam's side
    Moon's parents also untitled but Massie's Sassy Boots was behind dad & mom had some Guy's Bitterroot Lucky lineage behind her. She threw several pups that placed in AA stakes but did not title. Not hard to do when the majority of those folks at the time ran 5 or 6 trials a year.

& the Lean Mac story is not as posted on this thread. Sherwin had nothing to do with the dog until he was out of the Derby, but a pro Dennis Robbins, in Canada did. Ask Doug Grant for the whole story, he posts on here on occasion.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Thanks Marvin and Bon, I do not know the full story of Mac but i just used him as an example that one of the most widely known studs in the retriever world was not born into a one pup litter...
    Last edited by ada5771; 10-30-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    Drew Allain

Cajun Made King "Zeus"

1994 NAFC Lady Andrel's Nighthawk Lady
    Discipline is no excuse for a lack of enthusiasm !!

Well, there is Jim Pickering's Golden Jake. http://www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=1509
    Coppertop's Captain Kirk CD MH WCX CCA VC (2004-2011) (Kirk)
    Gaylan's Roddenberry a la Mode SH WCX CCA (Kira)
    Top Flight's Cayuga Klingon SH, WCX (Worf)
    Coppertop's Trill of a Lifetime WC (Dax)

A current dog that Tim Milligan runs and is owned by Steve Penny named FC Boo. Has qualified for his second National and will be running next month. Keep an eye on him. Nice dog. 20 AA points this year. From a hunt test breeding.
    Bobby Farmer

"Vinny" Hardscrabble After Shock MH (FC Candlewood's Autumn Run Vince x FC AFC Tailwinds Hurricane)
    "Connie" FC Mak's Convince Me Connie MH (FC Candlewood's Autumn Run Vince x Makx Woodland Lazy Daze MH)
    "Dealer" Farmer's No Insurance (AFC Hawkeye's Viking x FC Mak's Convince Me Connie MH)
    "Bonnie" Farmer's Been Convinced (FC AFC Landover's Right on Target x FC Mak's Convince Me Connie MH)