RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Titled dogs from untitled parents

15K views 64 replies 35 participants last post by  Jennifer Henion 
#1 ·
2 other threads got me thinking and I know there are folks here that have the skinny so....

How many and who - FC, AFC, etc from litters where dam and sire had achieve no more that qaa, MH, HRCH status.

#59 ·
Re Fanny (Circuit Madam) and Preacher -- I trained with them on a regular basis at one time, Wrangler would appear occasionally as well as a couple of other littermates. Apparently the breeding that produced them was done at least three times and I was told that the pups were either spectacular or totally worthless (at least in the field trial world) and that there seemed to be no in-between. This may have been field trial lore, but I was told this by Kathy and I think, if I remember correctly, Ken agreed. The one on here that would know would be Grady (the GG) as he had quite a few of those dogs in training.

For the Golden group, Earl brought this up just as I was thinking about Poika of Handjam, particularly when bred to Shenandoah of Stilrovin. Jackie Mertens wrote an excellent article about it in the Sept-Oct, 2010, issue in the Golden Retriever News. "During his life, Poika was the only Golden that was a GRCA Outstanding Sire without ever competing in anything."

Glenda

#62 ·
almost forgot to add this dog to the list and the story behind it FC Remhoc's LeJo Juderi...Jud came from absolutely nothing, the female was owned by the Schomer's and was bred to a male dog sired by Spring Farms Lucky

first the name: remhoc's is Schomer spelled backwards LeJo is for Lee and Joe (Mr and Mrs Schomer)..Juderi is for Juan,Judy and Ric Martin who co owned the dog with his brother Tom..

Tommy was in College Station at the time trying to get accepted into Med school as was his brother Ric, well Mr Schomer took a liking to Clint, Tommy and Ric and was always giving them training advice along with life lessons,and guidance on how to behave at field trials..reminding the boys to always show up with a clean truck,clean shirt, freshly shaven etc...apparently those lessons didnt get through to to Tom and Ric, because they had to be separated one afternoon in the parking lot after a brawl at a FT when they had a minor disagreement on how Tommy had handled Jud in the trial..

The guys got accepted to Baylor Medical School about the same time Clint went to med school so the training of Jud went over to Mr Schomer...He was a Finalist with Jud in the '79 National Open

Tom is now one of the pre eminent authorities on pediatric cardio thoracic surgery in the country, and Ric is Chief of Thoracic surgery for a hospital here in Las Vegas and considered to be the one of the best in his field...So maybe Mr Schomer's life lessons finally got through to the boys

#63 ·
Who was the other notable dam Glenda? The one refused to retrieve and hated birds and hunting, but she produced several pups who got field titles?

The other notable dam was Gilnockie Coquette and you can read about her in the GRNs Mar/Apr 2012. In one litter were Dual Ch. Stilrovin Nitro Express; FC Stilrovin Super Speed; and FC Stilrovin Katherine. She also produced Dual Champion Stilrovin Rip's Pride; CH Krasnodar of Kingswere; Ch. Stilroving Shur Shot; Ch. Stilroving Red Head Reliance and Can. Ch. Stilrovin Victor plus some *** Goldens. And Coquette was considered plain looking herself!

The four FC-AFC produced by Poika and Shenandoah of Stilrovin were: FC-AFC Kinike Coquette CD; FC-AFC Kinike Chancellor; FC-AFC Northbreak's Kinike Sir Jim; and, FC-AFC Riverview's Kinike De Rojo. Also, several other Qualified AA offspring.

Now if there are any errors, blame them on it being a hectic day. But you can pull the articles and check them out for accuracy.

Glenda

#64 · (Edited)
It would be interesting to see a FT pro receive two puppies to train, same age, same sex, etc. BUT one comes from an FC x FC breeding and the other comes from untitled parents with very few to no titled ancestors in the three generation pedigree.

The trainer would have absolutely NO information regarding the puppies' bloodlines.

I would suspect that the FC x FC puppy would possess inherent characteristics that the other puppy might lack. However, both puppies should have the ability to learn and be trainable to a certain extent.

Lonnie Spann

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.