The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Titled dogs from untitled parents

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Henion View Post
    Who was the other notable dam Glenda? The one refused to retrieve and hated birds and hunting, but she produced several pups who got field titles?
    Poika when bred to Shenandoah of Stilrovin I think produced four FC/AFC Goldens, as Glenda said, check out Jackie's Website lots of good Golden stuff on there. There are just too many Labs to keep track of such stuff and I am not a historian of the Labs, many on RTF are. I do think circa 2013 I would want to get the best breeding I could afford/find if doing field trials or hunt tests. Years ago when I had Goldens they called
    the great dogs from limited backgrounds "sports" or throwbacks to some famous ancestor from the gene pool. After all if I remember my high school genetics, %50 sire and dam, %25. grandparents, 12.5% or sumthing like that G grandparents and about %6. gg grandparents AND the rest who cares. Either way 6 dogs contribute %75. of the make-up on the dogs rather then perhaps who gets the dog and the training they receive. There are some great trainers out there that have the know how to recognize what they have etc. Besides Pickering there are others too who have had National Finalists with absolutely nothing in the pedigrees amateur trained. Several come to mind.
    Earl Dillow

almost forgot to add this dog to the list and the story behind it FC Remhoc's LeJo Juderi...Jud came from absolutely nothing, the female was owned by the Schomer's and was bred to a male dog sired by Spring Farms Lucky

first the name: remhoc's is Schomer spelled backwards LeJo is for Lee and Joe (Mr and Mrs Schomer)..Juderi is for Juan,Judy and Ric Martin who co owned the dog with his brother Tom..

Tommy was in College Station at the time trying to get accepted into Med school as was his brother Ric, well Mr Schomer took a liking to Clint, Tommy and Ric and was always giving them training advice along with life lessons,and guidance on how to behave at field trials..reminding the boys to always show up with a clean truck,clean shirt, freshly shaven etc...apparently those lessons didnt get through to to Tom and Ric, because they had to be separated one afternoon in the parking lot after a brawl at a FT when they had a minor disagreement on how Tommy had handled Jud in the trial..

The guys got accepted to Baylor Medical School about the same time Clint went to med school so the training of Jud went over to Mr Schomer...He was a Finalist with Jud in the '79 National Open

Tom is now one of the pre eminent authorities on pediatric cardio thoracic surgery in the country, and Ric is Chief of Thoracic surgery for a hospital here in Las Vegas and considered to be the one of the best in his field...So maybe Mr Schomer's life lessons finally got through to the boys
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Who was the other notable dam Glenda? The one refused to retrieve and hated birds and hunting, but she produced several pups who got field titles?

The other notable dam was Gilnockie Coquette and you can read about her in the GRNs Mar/Apr 2012. In one litter were Dual Ch. Stilrovin Nitro Express; FC Stilrovin Super Speed; and FC Stilrovin Katherine. She also produced Dual Champion Stilrovin Rip's Pride; CH Krasnodar of Kingswere; Ch. Stilroving Shur Shot; Ch. Stilroving Red Head Reliance and Can. Ch. Stilrovin Victor plus some *** Goldens. And Coquette was considered plain looking herself!

The four FC-AFC produced by Poika and Shenandoah of Stilrovin were: FC-AFC Kinike Coquette CD; FC-AFC Kinike Chancellor; FC-AFC Northbreak's Kinike Sir Jim; and, FC-AFC Riverview's Kinike De Rojo. Also, several other Qualified AA offspring.

Now if there are any errors, blame them on it being a hectic day. But you can pull the articles and check them out for accuracy.

Glenda

It would be interesting to see a FT pro receive two puppies to train, same age, same sex, etc. BUT one comes from an FC x FC breeding and the other comes from untitled parents with very few to no titled ancestors in the three generation pedigree.

The trainer would have absolutely NO information regarding the puppies' bloodlines.

I would suspect that the FC x FC puppy would possess inherent characteristics that the other puppy might lack. However, both puppies should have the ability to learn and be trainable to a certain extent.

Lonnie Spann
    Last edited by Lonnie Spann; 11-02-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda Brown View Post

The other notable dam was Gilnockie Coquette and you can read about her in the GRNs Mar/Apr 2012. In one litter were Dual Ch. Stilrovin Nitro Express; FC Stilrovin Super Speed; and FC Stilrovin Katherine. She also produced Dual Champion Stilrovin Rip's Pride; CH Krasnodar of Kingswere; Ch. Stilroving Shur Shot; Ch. Stilroving Red Head Reliance and Can. Ch. Stilrovin Victor plus some *** Goldens. And Coquette was considered plain looking herself!

The four FC-AFC produced by Poika and Shenandoah of Stilrovin were: FC-AFC Kinike Coquette CD; FC-AFC Kinike Chancellor; FC-AFC Northbreak's Kinike Sir Jim; and, FC-AFC Riverview's Kinike De Rojo. Also, several other Qualified AA offspring.

Now if there are any errors, blame them on it being a hectic day. But you can pull the articles and check them out for accuracy.

Glenda
    Yes, that's exactly who I was thinking of. Thanks Glenda!