The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: 8 month old Bird Dog Labs pup gets certified in advanced area search with IPWAP!

Smile 8 month old Bird Dog Labs pup gets certified in advanced area search with IPWDA!

I am thrilled to announce that handler Katelyn Croteau and K-9 Rebel (Birddog’s Pray Like a Saint & Run Like A Rebel) officially passed their Advanced Area Search certification test with the International Police Work Dog Association (IPWDA) on October 29th, 2013. Rebel is just 8 months old and that we are aware of is the youngest dog to ever certify with the IPWDA! Rebel is a puppy out my spring Birddog’s Hunting Heidi X 4xGMPR HRCH HRK’s Rooster Smasher of TGK MH QAA litter. I honestly couldn’t be more excited for Kate and Rebel. They are truly an amazing team.

Kate has been so kind in keeping me updated on their unbelievable progress since bringing Rebel home early in April. They were even featured in one of their local newspapers. What is even more extraordinary is that Rebel is the very first search and rescue pup Kate has trained. Kate has done a fantastic job with Rebel and I couldn’t be more honored that she selected one of my pups. I want to wish them the absolute best in their long career together doing search and rescue! When Kate told me Rebel was going to be a search and rescue star, she wasn’t kidding! I am so proud of both of you!

A huge thank you goes out to the RTF! This is how Kate and I were able to connect in the first place. She posted a listing requesting help finding a yellow female puppy, and I responded. Without the RFT, I don’t know if we would have ever met. This is an absolutely wonderful website and resource for dog people all across the country.

For anyone that is interested here is the link to the newspaper article about Kate and Rebel: http://abcnewspapers.com/2013/09/23/...search-rescue/

rebelandkatewithsarcertifcate.jpgKate and Rebel Handler Picture.jpgrebelinvest.jpg
    Last edited by BirddogLabs; 10-31-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Congrats.