So I figured the next attempt has to be live cover with a dog that is young and local. Looking for a stud who's nearly certain to produce, and minimal expenses. I planned to breed to my husband's youngster Dragline. He has made a poor showing in his last couple of trials but is a very smart, trainable, talented dog. Just turned 2. She came in October 25. I waited until after the Specialty to get Dragline's hips x-rayed, hoping they'd be unambiguously good. They're not. Vet thinks they'll most likely pass, but not for sure.
Aaargh! I could use this bitch to promote a little-used stud, but I need to know if she can have puppies before dropping another big bunch of money, and before she gets too old.