The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: George Zimmerman

and he is in the news again today......
    George Zimmerman, the man acquitted earlier this year of criminal charges in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin, will be back in court for a bond hearing Tuesday after being charged with assault and battery for allegedly threatening his girlfriend with a shotgun.
    Police responded to a disturbance call at his girlfriend's house in Apopka, Fla., about 15 miles northwest of Orlando, shortly before 1 p.m. Monday after the woman called 911, Seminole County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Dennis Lemma said at an afternoon news conference.
    After fleeing the house, the girlfriend, identified by authorities as Samantha Scheibe, gave police a key to the front door, which she said Zimmerman had barricaded with furniture.
    Once inside, police found an unarmed Zimmerman, who did not resist arrest, Lemma said.
    "The easiest way to describe it is rather passive," Lemma said. "He's had the opportunity to encounter this before."
    Police were not sure what the argument was over, though Zemma said authorities believe it involved "some type of separation in the relationship."
    Police were searching for at least two weapons in the house, Lemma added.
    Zimmerman was charged with aggravated assault with a weapon, battery and criminal mischief, Lemma said. He has a court appearance scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.
    "Just when you thought you heard the last of George Zimmerman," said neighbor Catherine Cantrell. She said she had twice seen a man who looked like Zimmerman get out of a truck that's been in the driveway for nearly a month. The truck parked there Monday appeared to be the same one that reporters have seen Zimmerman drive previously.
    "I'm in absolute shock. He was never outside. It's not like he was out flaunting around," she said.
    Cantrell said the woman who lived in the home was very sweet and quiet.
    Sarah Tyler, 26, also lives across the street from the tan stucco house on a cul-de-sac street of single family homes in Apopka, about 15 miles northwest of Orlando.
    "It's kind of frightening," she said, adding that she only saw a woman came out of the house.
    Zimmerman, 30, was acquitted in July of all charges in the shooting of Trayvon Martin. The death of the black teenager, who was unarmed, touched off a nationwide debate about race and self-defense. Zimmerman, who identifies himself as Hispanic, has said he shot the 17-year-old to defend himself during a fight in February 2012 inside a gated community in Sanford, just outside Orlando.
    He wasn't charged until 44 days after the shooting, leading to protests nationwide from people who believed he should have been immediately arrested. The case sparked accusations that Zimmerman had racially profiled Martin, and demonstrations broke out again after his acquittal. Federal authorities are now reviewing the case the see if Martin's civil rights were violated.
    Zimmerman has had other brushes with the law since his acquittal.
    Zimmerman and his estranged wife were involved in a domestic dispute in September just days after Shellie Zimmerman filed divorce papers, but police later said no charges were filed against either of them because of a lack of evidence.
    Zimmerman has also been pulled over three times for traffic stops since his acquittal. He was ticketed for doing 60 mph in a 45 mph zone in Lake Mary in September and was given a warning by a state trooper along Interstate 95 for having a tag cover and windows that were too darkly tinted. He was also stopped near Dallas in July and was given a warning for speeding.
    In 2005, Zimmerman had to take anger management courses after he was accused of attacking an undercover officer who was trying to arrest Zimmerman's friend.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quoting Juror B37.

“I think George Zimmerman is a man whose heart was in the right place, but just got displaced by the vandalism in the neighborhoods and wanting to catch these people so badly that he went above and beyond what he really should have done. But I think his heart was in the right place. It just went terribly wrong.”
    When Cooper asked the juror if she would feel comfortable with Zimmerman being a neighborhood watch volunteer in her community, she said, “if he didn’t go too far.” She added, “I would feel comfortable having George (as a neighborhood watchman)…I think he’s learned a good lesson.”

Read more: http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/07/and...#ixzz2l6TeIVgV
    Follow us: UPROXX on Facebook
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

His story will not end well,kind of like Rodney King, trouble follows this guy like black cloud or a death wish, which someone will gladly oblige
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    , “I would feel comfortable having George (as a neighborhood watchman)…I think he’s learned a good lesson.”
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

The boy wants attention very badly. Just my thought of course. Too bad he doesn't have the smarts to go about it the correct way. He reminds me of a retarded man we know...........attention is all important. A gun should never be put into their own hands.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

I am pretty sure it was self defense.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

OK, so typin' this right now my time 11:47 p.m. my local time. my best local news in a CBS station so if I am at the desk at end of news (like now) it flows into late night with dave letterman, as it just did. So, Lettewrman says "Zimmerman arested again and they took his guns, so I guess they nipped that in the bud".....
    sometimes whom ever does his jokes for him nails it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    OK, so typin' this right now my time 11:47 p.m. my local time. my best local news in a CBS station so if I am at the desk at end of news (like now) it flows into late night with dave letterman, as it just did. So, Lettewrman says "Zimmerman arested again and they took his guns, so I guess they nipped that in the bud".....
    sometimes whom ever does his jokes for him nails it!
    Letterman is a liberal hack with a agenda. I don't need social commentary from a guy who cheats on his wife with someone that works for him. I bet if he did a joke about all the black on black crime, he'd be called racist or insensitive at best. Oh wait, he's liberal so he'd get a pass. Making a joke about someone's death is low class.
    Joe Dickerson

R.I.P. 4xGMPR HRCH Hunters Marsh Jack Daniels Bubba Jazz MH
    Call Name: JD