The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: british lab owner new to forum

  1. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    sweetlake, la.
    Posts
    12

    Default

    thanks raymond, looking forward to meeting u, my sister knows u, u sell insurance?

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    sweetlake, la.
    Posts
    12

    Default

    chris, it makes perfect sense, we shall see tomorrow if she repeats. im sure its a one time thing since she has only done this the one time. i took her out to the marsh this evening and she worked great, just wish duck season would start earlier, lots of birds, but a good day regardless..thanks for the advice on the e collar..

  3. #43
    Senior Member HNTFSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bell1116 View Post
    im sure its a one time thing since she has only done this the one time.
    bell1116 - I was serious in my previous post about it's a training thing. I could be totally wrong but am guessing you haven't begun (or don't know how) to build a strong foundation. Might be the same reason the last choco was thick headed.

    Your comment above is what makes me suspicious, not what your dog did.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

  4. #44
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bell1116 View Post
    thanks raymond, looking forward to meeting u, my sister knows u, u sell insurance?
    Dats me, will be throwing marks tomorrow afternoon in south LC. Advise only offered if asked for.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

  5. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    sweetlake, la.
    Posts
    12

    Default

    knew it, i will give u ring tomorrow, thanks

  6. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    sweetlake, la.
    Posts
    12

    Default

    really now, what else would u like me to say, she has only not responded to command the one time, now it was the same command 4 times in a row, but when she either heard me or lost interest in whatever was taking her attention away from the command, she healed right away. i did send her back again, with a back command, on another retrieve, looking closely to see if she was going to repeat, but nothing. in my book, thats a one time thing until its not, then u deal with it.

  7. #47
    Senior Member BJGatley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,112

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by bell1116 View Post
    chris, it makes perfect sense, we shall see tomorrow if she repeats. im sure its a one time thing since she has only done this the one time. i took her out to the marsh this evening and she worked great, just wish duck season would start earlier, lots of birds, but a good day regardless..thanks for the advice on the e collar..
    That is really a good attitude to have. Your dog will benefit from that.
    Always try and end on a good note....

  8. #48
    Senior Member HNTFSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bell1116 View Post
    really now, what else would u like me to say, she has only not responded to command the one time, now it was the same command 4 times in a row, but when she either heard me or lost interest in whatever was taking her attention away from the command, she healed right away. i did send her back again, with a back command, on another retrieve, looking closely to see if she was going to repeat, but nothing. in my book, thats a one time thing until its not, then u deal with it.
    It seemed to bother you enough to post about it and ask for suggestions. Do as you wish. Ignore what you want.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

  9. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    sweetlake, la.
    Posts
    12

    Default

    passionate is the correct word...
    ace is a great guy, trainer and dog lover, no e collars used and he follows up on his pups and their progress

  10. #50
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    sweetlake, la.
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BJGatley View Post
    That is really a good attitude to have. Your dog will benefit from that.
    Always try and end on a good note....
    thank u, i will..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •