The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is this Man Doing???

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    What type of HC plan do you have Gerry? My wife and I are covered by an employer-based HC plan. We are currently deciding if we want to make any changes. The plans being offered are much the same as last years. Caps, copays, premiums, RX, will remain basically the same. The internet is rife with gossip. Take the time to find out what is true and not true....

Got any wolf attacks on people in NM for me yet? JD

Smile....
    NOt Jerry but real numbers.
    DH and I are self employed and as such we buy on the open market our health insurance.
    Current monthly rate 425.20 for both of us. New plan that BUMMA wants 924.97
    That is more than a 100% increase and more than $500 per month.
    WE had a good plan. We got our plan cancelled. Bumma got to cancel it because at some point our ER copay increased from $100 to $150 per visit. OF course no comment about this being equal to to below the norm for most employer plans. 13 years ago my employer plan er jumped from $100 to $200.
    ER copay new offered plan. $150 per first visit, $500 anymore.
    So according to BUMFACE the jump from $100 to $150 was bad and evil so CANCEL EVIL PLAN. but $150 for first ER in a year and then $500 for any other visit is GOOD GOOD GOOD> The man is off his rocker. That is just the tip of the iceberg,.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Hey Franco, lighten up I was only joking. FYI I can't remember the last time I watched FoxNews. There's a good deal I agree with you on but there's a lot I don't either.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    NOt Jerry but real numbers.
    DH and I are self employed and as such we buy on the open market our health insurance.
    Current monthly rate 425.20 for both of us. New plan that BUMMA wants 924.97
    That is more than a 100% increase and more than $500 per month.
    WE had a good plan. We got our plan cancelled. Bumma got to cancel it because at some point our ER copay increased from $100 to $150 per visit. OF course no comment about this being equal to to below the norm for most employer plans. 13 years ago my employer plan er jumped from $100 to $200.
    ER copay new offered plan. $150 per first visit, $500 anymore.
    So according to BUMFACE the jump from $100 to $150 was bad and evil so CANCEL EVIL PLAN. but $150 for first ER in a year and then $500 for any other visit is GOOD GOOD GOOD> The man is off his rocker. That is just the tip of the iceberg,.
    Bumma, did not set your rates or your plan. You are free to shop. Will you? I doubt it. You'd rather harp and blather. Good luck. Some will figure it out, others will not. I would just as soon see universal coverge for all, and the insurance industry wither and die...

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Bumma, did not set your rates or your plan. You are free to shop. Will you? I doubt it. You'd rather harp and blather. Good luck. Some will figure it out, others will not. I would just as soon see universal coverge for all, and the insurance industry wither and die...

JD
    And will you kiss the hand of the govt agent when they deny your hip replacement in your old age? Or, as Obama famously told the lady at the town hall when he ran against McCain... Maybe they will just give you a pill...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    ... I think Ken's post sums it up pretty well!
    Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post

I'm thinkin' Bora's entry is 'Blue Ribbon' at this point.

thank you
    I do try to be on point
    with a smile
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I would just as soon see universal coverge for all, and the insurance industry wither and die...
    JD
    Well, if that works for the insurance industry ... just let the govt take over their functions, why not just apply that to the auto industry, too? After all, why should they profit off our need for cars?

Might be some other industries out there that one could do the same with. How about cell phones? Maybe Internet service? We pay a bunch for that stuff, too. And how about farming? We all need to eat, don't we? Just let the govt run the farms, and we can all be assured of all the food we need, right? They did that in China, didn't they?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Well, if that works for the insurance industry ... just let the govt take over their functions, why not just apply that to the auto industry, too? After all, why should they profit off our need for cars?

Might be some other industries out there that one could do the same with. How about cell phones? Maybe Internet service? We pay a bunch for that stuff, too. And how about farming? We all need to eat, don't we? Just let the govt run the farms, and we can all be assured of all the food we need, right? They did that in China, didn't they?
    Bingo. Gerry, there are just some people who will never "get it". Actually there are way too many of those blind people ( blind to the facts you know ). The government has not been very successful in any thing it has tried to "fix".
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...72002892623382
    I heard this mentioned on a local talk radio show today, but I don't subscribe to the WSJ website, so can't actually see the article itself.

The gist of the radio host was: the Obama advisors knew that a lot of people would have to change their insurance plans (per the Federal Register info), and they actually debated whether they should tell the lie or tell the truth! They DECIDED to lie because they knew that if they told the truth the law would not pass and it could lose the election if it did pass.

Do we really need to know why these same people would use the IRS to intimidate the opposition, or cover up any unpleasant facts of Benghazi, or lie about anything else in their agenda?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    thank you
    I do try to be on point
    with a smile
    Even a blind pig finds an acorn on occasion , with 2 smiles.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

JD
    Ha ha, I shopped as you put it and now avoid feeding the beast for a year. All I had to do was get my new plan with a very well known carrier that has nothing to do with the exchanges. I get back my healthy rating and my rate is only going up about $50 per month. I save more than $250 per month than the cost of the lowest garbage plan in the exchange and have much better coverage. Just had to do my conversion before Dec 31st. So bye bye BCBSNC as of Dec 1st. Hopefully by 2015 the whole thing will implode and things can go back to normal.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI