The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Obamacare private Insurance 1 year work around

Default Obamacare private Insurance 1 year work around

For those who are in the same screwed over position as I am.
    If your policy has a month to month clause IE you can cancel by month look into ditching as of DEC 1 and going with a new well known reputable carrier. Must have new policy in place by Dec 31st. You will be able to get and lock in until Dec 31st a medically underwritten plan and keep most of what you want. I can get alot more than the move over plan for a lot less.
    This works for those who currently get the "Healthy " rating. So far for those in NC this does not work with BCBSNC because they bought into BUMMA care. United Healthcare it works.

Ironic that they ae not in Obammacare but invloved with him?

MY huge reason to dump BCBSNC with a premier plan is out of network copays.

HUbby is an IT consultant and travels all the time. I care alot more about him getting sick away from home and what happens than some of the crap that is being fed.

No way for us going from a large national network to a very limited network works.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I thought ALL plans had to abide by O-care guidelines ... but maybe that's only if you're in an exchange and are getting a subsidy? Thought that insurance companies ALL had to charge the same for pre-existing conditions as healthy? But, again, maybe only within the exchanges and with subsidies?

Who the heck will ever understand what this law actually does?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I thought ALL plans had to abide by O-care guidelines ... but maybe that's only if you're in an exchange and are getting a subsidy? Thought that insurance companies ALL had to charge the same for pre-existing conditions as healthy? But, again, maybe only within the exchanges and with subsidies?

Who the heck will ever understand what this law actually does?
    AS of 2014. Any company dealing with BUMMCARE will not let you change your date. I just went round and round with BCBSNC. They have their reps parrotting misleading info and when you question they read from Q cards.
    I'm switching to United Healthcare. It buys us 1 year of not feeding the beast. We do not avoid the maternity, newborn, child dental crap but we get back medical underwriting, ie healthy discount. This only works for a year but it is worth $6000. Since we have an A1 healthy rating I can even upgrade and save money. That is $6000 to add to the special medical reserve account than toss it to the beast. It helps offset future increases.
    Obumma's plans do not work for us. DH travels all the time. I need to stay far far away from small network plans. I need to watch out of network copays.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI