The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: US an Islamic Country?

Default US an Islamic Country?

A member of the Department of Homeland Security Advisory Council is under fire for tweeting that America is “an Islamic country.”

After a Twitter user asked Mohamed Elibiary on Thursday to “show me just ONE example of an Islamic country where non Muslims are treated with equality,” he responded with the controversial tweet, which was first reported by the Washington Free Beacon: “America and yes I do consider the United States of America an Islamic country with an Islamically compliant constitution. Move On!”
    The back-and-forth between Mr. Elibiary and the Twitter user, who identified himself as Tim Lee, started when Mr. Elibiary said the conservative perception of Islam needed to “evolve.”

According to the Free Beacon, Mr. Elibiary has served on the department’s “Countering Violent Extremist Working Group,” as well as its “Faith-based Security and Communications Advisory Committee.” He is also a strong supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Neither the department nor Mr. Elibiary responded to the Beacon’s request for comment.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2jSVZtQkU

This might explain the way some things are handled by the administration?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Dear Mohamed: FYI: the US is a secular democracy/republic where there is no official religion, but people are allowed to exercise the religion of their choice and they often do, Mohamed. It just happens the country is still majority Christian. It is not, however, an Islamic nation, a Christian nation, a Jewish nation, a Buddhist nation, an atheist nation or any other religious nation. Because a guy whose first name is Mohamed doesn't mean his viewpoint makes the US an Islamic country.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 11-03-2013 at 09:10 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!