Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Howard Neimi...

sad news indeed. sorry for your loss RIP Howard
    Marty Lee
    HRCH Daisey's Rambunctious Rascal "Rambo"
    Co-Owner HRCH Summers Gusty Breeze MH "Gussie"

Oh Howard. I still can't find the right words. We're going to miss you so bad buddy. Thank you for the privilege of enjoying your killer wit and learning from your training wisdom.
    Mary, God Bless You. I know mentoring you and watching you succeed had to be one of the best experiences of his life.
    Don't bother to just be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
    William Faulkner

Godspeed to u Howard. I met Howard while judging at Turnigan Pass this summer, great guy and very quick wit. Placed second in Am. and won the Derby. Just talked to him on the phone about a month ago. I know all his ft friends everywhere will miss him. RIP Howard.
    Brooks Gibson

Bad things happen when you ask common dogs to do uncommon things.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Howard but as everyone has said... I learned a lot from reading his posts here on RTF. I am so sorry for this tragic loss for his family and friends.
    "My most prized possession was my library card from the Oakland Public Library." Bill Russell

I also never had the pleasure of meeting him but I enjoyed his posts and knowledge. My condolences to his friends and family. RIP
    Nicole

Trained by:
    AKC CH pointed USJ HR U-GRCH Fish Dog's Playing in the Kona Surf MH CGC "Kona"
    WindyCanyon's Don't Stop Believin JH " Journey"- Heathen in training
    Folly Hill's Crazy Train @ Triple Threat " Ozzy"
    www.triplethreatretrievers.com

Wow! Shocked and saddened to see this news. Never met him, but always respected and appreciated his opinions and attitude here. Howard was the kind of guy that made this site, this sport, and this World a better place.
    Ron
    www.portlandlabrador.com
    A Lab has no appreciation for the artistic value of a bonsai tree, but does appreciate their potential as chew toys.

Those who will miss him most are the competitors. He always brought a well trained dog ready for the level of competition entered. The Alaska folks are fast losing examples to emulate.

Over the years we exchanged PM's when Howard needed a clarification of some comment I had made. At trials we would talk, I appreciated having him as a fellow competitor & knew him before Pricey. Sometimes we don't spend enough time with someone feeling they will be here forever.

RIP Howard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I am at a loss for words. Howard was true class. He advised me via pm's on several training issues over the years. He didn't have to do that. I will miss him.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Someone else said it better, how can you be so heartbroken over someone you never met? He loved to give me grief about having Chesapeakes, but never in a mean way. He had that gift, I think; of making you feel like a good friend he valued and respected and was so generous in sharing training tips and encouragement. Our retriever community lost a good one.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Wow, life is fragile. Shocking news, he'll be missed.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham