RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Howard Neimi...

41K views 200 replies 162 participants last post by  Vicky Trainor 
#1 ·
It is with a heavy heart that I am posting this news. My dear friend Howard passed on this week at home. He was an amazing person and one of my dearest friends.

All of his close friends and relatives have been notified, so now I am passing the news on to the retriever community. All of you know how hard working he was, what an accomplished trainer, and what a giving person he was with his knowledge. He worked hard to keep our sport going in Alaska, and helped many a new trainer get their start. I can remember when he first took me under wing, he would come to this site and complain about how terrible I was in the chat room!

The retriever community has lost a great man, and I am so sorry to have to share this. I do not know when the service will happen. This news just came today. But I will try to keep you all informed. He would certainly not want a big fanfare. His dogs are all being taken care of...

Howard, may you find plenty of awesome fields with a certain leaf or branch hanging down to put a blind under! You know, the one gold one that's waving in the wind next to the tuft of yellow grass. You brought much joy to me and your training partners. I will see you again someday!

-Mary

See less See more
#2 ·
What sad news. I know Howard is going to be missed by many.

#5 ·
Wow. I am stunned. Howard and I got to know one another via RTF. Then we met at a Rorem seminar. He was a good man.

#23 ·
Same here.
What a GREAT guy!!! It breaks my heart. In my prayers.

#8 ·
I am stunned. But most of all I will miss him. We talked from time to time on the phone, on Facebook, and of course on RTF. Very knowledgeable dog man who was always willing to share information. The world needed more like him. Rest in peace my friend.

#9 ·
Very sad news indeed. Howard will be missed by many, I'm sure. I had the good fortune to meet him a few winters ago when he took a training vacation down here in Texas. I know I will miss him on here as he could be counted on to maintain reason and a good amount of common sense.

God Speed, Howard!

#10 ·
Mary, very sorry to hear this, always enjoyed talking to Howard whenever I made it up there. Gone much too soon.

#16 ·
So so sad! RIP Mr. Howard, You will be missed!

#19 ·
Oh My gosh what a shock to us all. Howard thank you for your sharing your wisedom, patience with us newbies, and your humor. You were a man with a very big heart. My prayers are with your family and AK friends that they may some day be at peace with your passing. RIP untll we meet again.

#20 ·
So very sorry for all of you who knew Howard personally. I had some great conversations with him via FB and really appreciated his willingness to help and take time to make a drawing of a pond I use and suggest a drill for what I was working. I wish I could have met him and shook his hand.

My my sincerest thoughts and condolences to those of you closest to him. God Speed Howard!

#22 ·
I too am speechless!!!

We spent many nights on the old RTF chat room, talking via phone & emails. Howard always had time to answer any questions or just to shoot the breeze. He loved to hear about his Bam(by Shaq) grandpup, "Ziggy", was doing and was usually one of the first to call/post & sends attaboy's when we had a good weekend! He was truly one of the good guys, that will be missed by many.

RIP Howard

#25 ·
This is very surreal. Mary, I'm sorry. You've lost a dear, dear friend. I only met Howard a few times, but once was a week training in TX and it was very clear that this was his love and passion. He most certainly paid it forward with advice on RTF. What a shock and a shame, as his intentions were always good.

Rest in Peace Howard. I hope you are meeting dear friends and dogs.

M

#26 ·
Very sad news. Howard was always a gentleman and willing to help. Prayers to all his family and friends. He will be missed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.