The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Howard Neimi...

There are some people you meet in person and become fast friends; then there are others you meet via social media or forums such as this. Never met the man, but still feel a sense of loss. Condolences to all that are feeling that sense of loss today.
    Sherie Catledge
    Bear Country Retrievers and Gun Dogs
    www.bearcountryretrievers.com

I my Lord, I am so sorry to all . I liked him here on RTF
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Trainor View Post
    My heart is aching right now and the tears are making it hard to continue writing this.

Howard contacted me many years ago about a Trio pup. He had seen the ad I posted in the Retriever Field Trial News. Little did I know that sending a pup all the way to Alaska would bring about a friendship that I cherish. Howard would call me and give me updates on that Trio pup that he named BAM. I remember him teasing me about her name and telling me to ask my active duty Army brother-in-law what B A M stood for with the Devil Dogs- Marine Corp. He got a good laugh when I called him back and told him that I had found out!! He would call me when Bam would win an Am or Open. He let me share the pride when Bam received her FC and AFC titles.

I spoke to Howard a couple of weeks ago and he gave me the latest update on Bam. I can't believe that I won't get to talk to him any more about her or about breeding prospects and training.

What a tremendous loss. Mary, I know how much Howard meant to you. I hope you know that he was proud of you and the accomplishments you made under his tutelage.

I just can't believe this.
    Howard had taken Bam to the vet, and never showed back to get her. Not sure of the time frame but a friend went to do a well being check and found him at home, passed away. So know that one of his last acts was taking care of that pup you sent him Miss Vicky.

Howard had recently taken up rowing, and was tackling that adventure with the same gusto as dog training. When I asked him about it, it was the proper boat for rowing. He was working hard to get in shape.

And yes, he was Very proud of our friend Mary. Howard was actually a very private man. I remember some of the silly pics that Mary posted here on rtf when they both had placed in one of the Alaskan field trials. Mary was hugging on him, etc. He was embarrassed but also loved it.

Howard never took leaving Alaska lightly, and hadn't done so in the past couple of years. Not even to attend a national that he qualified for. Not even when a friend handed him a ticket to go train in Georgia for a winter.

A close friend of his, and training buddy, has his dogs. They are all fine, as Mary said.

a very sad day for rtf, as we have lost a great resource. Howard was only 64. Way too young.
    Last edited by JusticeDog; 11-03-2013 at 09:13 AM.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

I am one of those new guys getting started, Howard has helped me out many times. Although I never met him, I wish I had. Will miss him for sure.....

Sigh. That's just terrible. He was great to talk to about dog stuff or football. Condolences to his family & friends.

So sad. Howard used to run the early spring Northern California trials where he was always part of the scene. I remember when the NorCal trial was held on our ranch years ago, and Howard helped Bill Drake get unstuck in his ATV. Another day, another memory, another life.
    Mimi Cary Drake
    Zipmarc Retrievers
    Just Train Your Dog ~ Rex Carr

I had always hoped to visit Alaska and have a chance to meet Howard. Will miss reading his posts on RTF. God Bless Howard and family. RIP Howard and condolences to his family and friends.
    George Billings
    And Scout
    Aurora CO
    In Memory
    "Tess" Amigold Duckus Takem - Miss her greatly

Very sad I will miss him greatly. He was a great asset to the retriever world. Rest in peace my friend.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Rest in Peace. Tho we never met, I'll miss you on RTF.

Condolances to all your family and weiblicher Teufel Hündin and kennelmates.
    Last edited by Keith Stroyan; 11-03-2013 at 11:54 AM. Reason: "BAM"

Very sad news. He always gave great advice and was a gentleman about it. I remember a while back when Shane posted up video clips of a national that Howard had qualified for. One of the clips was Howard being interviewed. I remember pulling for him and thinking he just seems like a really nice guy. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP Howard.

Respectfully, Danny Oldfield