The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Name Game

Default Name Game

I just got a new pup after loosing my CBR (Girl) from bone cancer this past June at the age of 4. Girl was by far the best dog that I ever had the privilege of owning. Girl was my hunting companion who after being diagnosed with bone cancer we decided to run her in hunt tests as long as she was up for it. Girl went 4 for 4 on her junior hunter 7 weeks after having her leg amputated and lost her fight before we could put her senior hunter on her.

All of that said, we have named our new CBR pup “Pink” in honor of Girls 9 month fight with cancer. I was hoping to have some help in giving Pink a registered name that would go along with our desire to honor the memory of Girl.

Pink is out of: Ch Shallcross Lake's Chaamp, RA, MH and DEADRIVERS VORTEX JH. The kennel is Dead River Kennels.

I had though of DEADRIVERS GIRLS PINK RIBBON or something like that. Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin.
    (Pink)

Cancer Can't Slow This Girl Down JH (Girl) --- RIP

Sir Boomer of Highlands Bayou (Boomer) --- RIP

I bred your pup's dam, sire, grand, great-grand and great great granddam so I know you'll have a good one there. Even though Bryan didn't use it for Cooper's registered name, you're welcome to use our kennel name because, in this case it might work very well with something like Hope Springs Eternal Pink. Cooper was also from a litter of 10 (photo of them below). I have her full sister as well as a half sister and the grandmother. Love the idea of using Pink in her name and a friend sent me a newspaper clipping about Girl, so I remember reading her story and courage in running hunt tests. Very sorry you lost her and hope your new pup lives up to your expectations. Any pictures of her?
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981