The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Sarge "the duck dog" first pheasant

  1. #1
    Senior Member Rutin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    189

    Default Sarge "the duck dog" first pheasant

    Well Sarge was supposed to be soley used for waterfowl but when I came home today to check trail cameras there were two cock birds walking into the crp. I quickly unloaded, grabbed the o/u and Sarge and put him on the scent trail. He surprisingly did good and as soon a we broke the cover the birds took off running. We closed the distance on one and made a simple 20 yard shot but the other came up 50 yards out. Here's the end result......
    Sargent Taylor's Hevi-Shot (Sarge)

  2. #2
    Senior Member BJGatley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rutin View Post
    Well Sarge was supposed to be soley used for waterfowl but when I came home today to check trail cameras there were two cock birds walking into the crp. I quickly unloaded, grabbed the o/u and Sarge and put him on the scent trail. He surprisingly did good and as soon a we broke the cover the birds took off running. We closed the distance on one and made a simple 20 yard shot but the other came up 50 yards out. Here's the end result......
    Nice adult bird...Great pic...Thanks for sharing.

  3. #3
    Senior Member HNTFSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,194

    Default

    lol...my hunting buddy has 14 hen flushes and 1 rooster (flushed/down) so far this year. I'll let him know you dumb lucked one.

    BTW - story should be it was a released bird if asked. Wink.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

  4. #4

    Default

    Thanks for sharing, I agree, that's an awesome picture.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Rutin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
    lol...my hunting buddy has 14 hen flushes and 1 rooster (flushed/down) so far this year. I'll let him know you dumb lucked one.

    BTW - story should be it was a released bird if asked. Wink.
    The REAL story is I missed two cock birds over my Brittany spaniel down the road two days prior! One was a gimme shot.... damn near on the end of my barrel lol!!! There's a TON of birds around my house. They cackle and carry on all day long. Had two roosters and a hen on that outing. Any time you want to get Sammy out on them let me know, there's plenty!
    Sargent Taylor's Hevi-Shot (Sarge)

  6. #6
    Senior Member HNTFSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rutin View Post
    The REAL story is I missed two cock birds over my Brittany spaniel down the road two days prior! One was a gimme shot.... damn near on the end of my barrel lol!!! There's a TON of birds around my house. They cackle and carry on all day long. Had two roosters and a hen on that outing. Any time you want to get Sammy out on them let me know, there's plenty!
    BFF's...lol. We'll talk soon - I've been buried. Hunting season and I'll end up leaving 2 weeks of PTO on the table. Thanks.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

  7. #7
    Senior Member Richard Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    RIVER BOTTOMS
    Posts
    2,025

    Default

    Nice pics man...



    Richard
    SHOOT EM' IN THE LIPS..........

    HRCH Otter Sloughs Bronze Gander " Gander"
    Docheno's Raising A Ruckus "Ruckus"

    www.ducksloughkennel.com

    Romans 8:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •