The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Christie v. Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by henry v View Post
    not at all. I realize that a far left-wing liberal could never get elected president.
    really???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    really???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????
    Absolutely serious. They could never make it through a statewide primary.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Absolutely serious. They could never make it through a statewide primary.
    Your concern is what they say to get elected. Mine is what they do when elected. Historically, the Fed. Gov. spent around 18% of GDP per year. Now it is up to 24-25 % of GDP. I haven't even gotten into the rules and regulations. Conservatives would like to see it back to 18%. Moderates, I would guess would like it lower but not sure how much. Liberals have no concern as to how much of GDP the gov. takes. In fact THEY COULD CARE LESS.

Just for giggles where would you stand on this issue?

Obama is pretty far left, maybe not as far as Ted Kennedy was, but pretty far.

This article epitomizes exactly how the D's want the R's to think. Think you can win with a Ted Cruz go ahead and try. I can win money on that bet every single day. The biggest problem with the moderates you have put up is that they have to push right in the campaign to solidify their base and that drives off the centrists. There is also a distrust of the republicans by the centrists. Lets face it the talk of purity tests isn't to drive out anyone but the centrists. The conservatives are not as strong as they think they are. You will not win a general election with the take no prisoners attitude. This all goes back to how the party is fighting against itself and ought to split.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    Unfortunately, ethical people are not politicians.
    Being ethical just makes it harder - I happen to be waiting for the results tonight in a city council election & consider myself both honest & ethical with a very strong background in doing what's right . Though all politico's say that I have been blessed with an administration that has left a wealth of issues to citicize them about without skirting through the criticism of their smaller actions .

We will see if too much spending finally makes the voters alert. Ran into a person I served on a school board with 40 years ago this AM. I made the comment that I know what can be done with a $1,000 saved, his retort was I know you can. As SB members we did not see I2I on many issues but he knew I could wring a dollar for all it was worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    Obama is pretty far left, maybe not as far as Ted Kennedy was, but pretty far.

This article epitomizes exactly how the D's want the R's to think. Think you can win with a Ted Cruz go ahead and try. I can win money on that bet every single day. The biggest problem with the moderates you have put up is that they have to push right in the campaign to solidify their base and that drives off the centrists. There is also a distrust of the republicans by the centrists. Lets face it the talk of purity tests isn't to drive out anyone but the centrists. The conservatives are not as strong as they think they are. You will not win a general election with the take no prisoners attitude. This all goes back to how the party is fighting against itself and ought to split.
    The biggest issue in the R party is the religious right - they stay home if a candidate is fiscally sound but socially moderate. We have them on this forum who do not understand that cutting off funds to many present programs would be in their best interests & advance their agenda. Those of us who are fiscal conservatives are a whole lot stronger than U realize.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Your concern is what they say to get elected. Mine is what they do when elected. Historically, the Fed. Gov. spent around 18% of GDP per year. Now it is up to 24-25 % of GDP. I haven't even gotten into the rules and regulations. Conservatives would like to see it back to 18%. Moderates, I would guess would like it lower but not sure how much. Liberals have no concern as to how much of GDP the gov. takes. In fact THEY COULD CARE LESS.

Just for giggles where would you stand on this issue?
    Here is federal spending as a percentage of GDP.

I am all for bringing it down to less than 20% just like Clinton did and no one else. Discretionary spending cuts are not at the top of my list though.

Not at all. I realize that a far left-wing liberal could never get elected President.
    He is in the Whitehouse now.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Being ethical just makes it harder - I happen to be waiting for the results tonight in a city council election & consider myself both honest & ethical with a very strong background in doing what's right . Though all politico's say that I have been blessed with an administration that has left a wealth of issues to citicize them about without skirting through the criticism of their smaller actions .

We will see if too much spending finally makes the voters alert. Ran into a person I served on a school board with 40 years ago this AM. I made the comment that I know what can be done with a $1,000 saved, his retort was I know you can. As SB members we did not see I2I on many issues but he knew I could wring a dollar for all it was worth.

The biggest issue in the R party is the religious right - they stay home if a candidate is fiscally sound but socially moderate. We have them on this forum who do not understand that cutting off funds to many present programs would be in their best interests & advance their agenda. Those of us who are fiscal conservatives are a whole lot stronger than U realize.
    You're right Marvin. I should have said MOST politicians aren't ethical.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post

I love my brother in Colorado but he is the epitome of that statement....We go round and round and I admire his deep religious roots and his total comittment to his religion. This is a man who chose to not attend the civil union of his gay son because of his religious views, so he walks the walk...

But when it comes to politics he is so blinded by that same religion that it makes it difficult to have a conversation without invoking the Bible...frustrating to say the least
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Here is federal spending as a percentage of GDP.

I am all for bringing it down to less than 20% just like Clinton did and no one else. Discretionary spending cuts are not at the top of my list though.
    Looks like Obama is closer to Reagan than Clinton in more ways than one. They are fans of Amnesty too.

In my book, talking about spending in terms of a percentage to GDP is a diversion from talking about the 17 TRILLION debt. Adding a TRILLION a year to the Debt isn't what this country needs.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.