The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Christie v. Hillary

Speaking of Christie:
    Chris Christie has some advice for President Obama as he tries to explain what he meant by his promise to Americans who wanted to keep their health-care policies: “Don’t be so cute, and when you make an mistake, admit it.”

The New Jersey governor said it was “pretty clear what [President Obama] said was not true,” but that if he truly was mistaken in his understanding of the law and didn’t know it would result in the termination of millions of plans, then he would be better served by admitting it. In not doing so, Christie explained, the president is “lawyering it“ rather than “owning up to it.”
    http://nationalreview.com/corner/363...andrew-johnson
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Fact is Obama knew and lied. It was well known what would happen but the butt kissing media refused to report the truth. All anyone had to do was pay attention to the law and the regulations being written. Most are too stupid.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Exit polls suggest Christie loses to Hillary among New Jersey voters. FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Exit polls suggest Christie loses to Hillary among New Jersey voters. FWIW.
    I think this might also demonstrate that Rs cannot win when they run a candidate that is too much like the D candidate. They tried that in 2008 and 2012. The Ds seem more loyal to their party than Rs. The NJ voters just won't go far enough out of their comfort zone in a POTUS election. And the Indies that tend to lean D seem to behave like the D demographic.

When Christie won his first NJ election, he came on bold and brash. He looked "different" from the average NJ politician. NJ voters were frustrated enough to give "different" a try. Evidently, minorities were also willing to vote for him a second time. Does that indicate that minorities will always vote D?

In VA, with the establishment Rs ignoring him, Cuccinelli came within 10,000 votes of the well-funded McAuliffe. Northern VA, (suburban DC?) was McAuliffe's stronghold. We see much the same in MD which is also "suburban DC".
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I think this might also demonstrate that Rs cannot win when they run a candidate that is too much like the D candidate. They tried that in 2008 and 2012. The Ds seem more loyal to their party than Rs. The NJ voters just won't go far enough out of their comfort zone in a POTUS election. And the Indies that tend to lean D seem to behave like the D demographic.

The R's can not win a general election until they get their house in order and stop the infighting. A house divided will surely fall. That is why you have so many moderate R's in the senate as compared to the House and I don't think you would have that many conservatives in the house if the congressional records were not totally fixed by congressional districting. The conservatives openly reject moderates and centrists. Hard to blame them for not siding with them when at best they know they are going to be ignored.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

As long as the tea party holds the republican party hostage, the whitehouse and the senate will continue to be controlled by democrats. I could see myself voting for a Chris Christy, but never a Ted Cruz. Cruz is actually a lot smarter than his rheteric is. He is politicing to the far right because they are the loudest and it might win the primary, but in doing so, the majority of folks that are in the middle will not vote for him. He is betting it all on Obamacare failing, which is a bad bet. But folks like Rush have teed him up with their Obamacare bashing, and he is only one thats blind ambition to be president got him up on the tee. By the time 2016 rolls around, his oppostion to obamacare will have him so deep in a trap he will not be able to dig out.

Now Christy has proven that he can carry northest votes and if the south and midwest would get behind him, you might have someone that would fight for some of your wants. But this discussion is really a waste of time because the tea party nuts are not going to get behind someone that does not tell them what they want to hear.

See the tea party's approach to being conservative is turning the water off, not limit the usage.

I asked a question awhile back of people here if they thought government was too big and it was one of the major problems in our country, I don't think I got one dissenting opinion on that. Huh, so people like you Menmon, call the one small segment of our representatives nuts, over and over. Well, the small segment are the only ones saying enough, and actually trying to do something about it. Call them what you want, but it's people like you that have your hand on the toilet flusher and continually hold it down. Shut the damn water off already, this country is an obese, bloated, wallowing pig......it could use a few years without water. Useful idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    The R's can not win a general election until they get their house in order and stop the infighting. A house divided will surely fall.

Yes, that is exactly the point. Remember the D who thought Guam would tip over? Did the Ds ever "disown" him? Nope. Just smiled an moved on. I think that fella is still there in Congress writing laws for us to follow.

That is the same thing with any faction of the D base. No matter what nutty ideas they have, the Ds embrace them anyhow. While even the Christian right will "disown" the church that pickets military funerals or burns Qurans, the D's embraced the occupy movements. Do we forget the Occupy movements? Very rude, destructive, etc. but the Ds still embraced the movement.

Clinton lied. He's admitted that ... now. Yet, he is the D's hero. Obama has lied, repeatedly ... and the D's justify it by saying because it was for the good of those who know less about what is best for them. The Ds are always unified to advance the overall agenda.

I would not suggest the R party to such lengths, but let us remember that Christie did his Cruz-bashing; as did McCain, and others. The "establishment" has been the quickest to do the bashing.

As for Christie's Obama hugs. Was it not possible for Christie to seek WH aide for NJ without slobbering over it? And then he bashed the Rs who voted against the aide bill even though it was loaded with pork that had nothing at all to do with NJ. If I had to choose between Hillary and Christie, it would again be a "least of the evils" vote. Maybe he could "moderate" his views on gun control?

Romney was the "moderate" in 2012. I don't think he was such a bad candidate, based on whom we had to choose from. Better than McCain, but not good enough to energize R voters, it would appear. The people who didn't turn out to vote in 2012 may not all have been "right wingers". Maybe some of them were just tired of voting for the least of the evils? For those who objected to O-care, I think the Ds made too good of a case of the similarity of Romney-care and O-care. I think he would have been a harder-working executive than Obama has ever been, and that could make a difference in how efficiently the govt could work & how much govt could be "trimmed."

That is why you have so many moderate R's in the senate as compared to the House

And those "moderates" are truly such men of character ... McCain, McConnell, real leadership material there.

I am generally a person willing to accept compromise and fairness, but my observation has been that the Ds don't play fair. They talk about it, but their impression of "fair" is what they think is right.

and I don't think you would have that many conservatives in the house if the congressional records were not totally fixed by congressional districting.

The D's do the same thing in their district juggling. Tie score on that.

The conservatives openly reject moderates and centrists.

The Ds typically don't reject their true moderates and centrists, but then they bribe and arm-twist to get them to vote for the agenda, as was so evident in passing O-care. Once these individuals succumb to the bribery, they are effectively "neutralized", as is their moderating influence on the party.

Hard to blame them for not siding with them when at best they know they are going to be ignored.
    I don't think the moderates and centrists will be ignored if they are principled in their "moderation". I think of Arlen Specter as an example. He was considered a "moderate" R ... but in reality it certainly appeared that Arlen was all about Arlen. It was not principles, it was all about Arlen and the power he had come to love. He changed parties to extend is already-too-long govt career. While the WH appeared to support Arlen's bid for re-election, the rest of the establishment didn't support him in the primary. They were quite fine with throwing him under the bus after his usefulness was no longer considered of much import.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by HuntClub View Post
    I asked a question awhile back of people here if they thought government was too big and it was one of the major problems in our country, I don't think I got one dissenting opinion on that. Huh, so people like you Menmon, call the one small segment of our representatives nuts, over and over. Well, the small segment are the only ones saying enough, and actually trying to do something about it. Call them what you want, but it's people like you that have your hand on the toilet flusher and continually hold it down. Shut the damn water off already, this country is an obese, bloated, wallowing pig......it could use a few years without water. Useful idiots.
    the country needs to take a cue from CC and have lap band surgery, but instead it keeps gorging itself like a goose destined for foie gras, they shove the tube down its throat and it keeps wanting more....

You are correct drastic measures need to be taken, but will anyone step up and listen and then act
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by HuntClub View Post
    Whether you agree with them or not is not realevant....government has it problems...but when idots sut down the government to win your vote....idiots are running the house. When they convience you that defaulting on the debt is a good thing idiots are running the house