The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Christie v. Hillary

So menmon, what has obama accomplished that would be considered positive for "all of the people"? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Kinda funny to read the progressives telling the right who to nominate.

As soon as (if) Christy is nominated they will tear into him like mad dogs after raw meat......WATCH!!!
    What's even funnier is that they assume that Hilary will be the presumptive nominee and waltz right in and everyone will make nice about her involvement with Benghazi

Until the 2014 mid term elections shake out, I wont take any candidate seriously..way too early to speculate
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I am not a big fan of Ted Cruz. He does a lot of his antics just for show and not for substance. The Psydo-fillibuster comes to mind. I think it is far more telling about what type of person he is in how he threw Boehner and other congressional republicans who followed his plan under the bus when he was done with them. I may disagree with what they have done, but I find that sort of behavior disingenuous, short sighted and dangerous. I couldn't trust him and I would be surprised if house republicans do again in the future.
    I think it's too early to judge Cruz's motives.

Also, with the convoluted nature of the procedural rules in the Senate, I'm wagering that Cruz had a good idea of what would ensue. He is no dummy. Do you recall when Rand Paul was overheard saying, "We might just win this." What we saw on the surface may not totally have reflected the "machinery".

If Cruz is good at using the exotic "machinery" as Reid has so often, so deftly done ... then it's about time we had someone like that to offset the Ds like Reid in Congress.

Did Cruz throw the House under the bus ... or were all of them aware of what risk they were taking? I'm pretty sure that Cruz is bright enough to have known the risk he was taking. Cruz (with Lee) is the one who has taken the most flak. He had to know he would. Boehner has also been in the forefront, but more for his propensity to give up than stand up.

If one looks at the situation now: the WH & Senate were successfully blaming the shutdown on the Rs. Momentum was with the Ds. However, the rollout of O-care has been so much more painful to everyone than (I suspect) the Ds ever imagined it would be. Did Obama throw his party under the bus by not letting them know what bad shape the website was in? It would appear he did, as 15 Senators are now asking for a year delay in making individuals change health plans. Yet in the process of the shutdown, Cruz (& supporters) got the Ds to vote AGAINST delaying the rollout. Did Cruz have some inkling of the bad shape of the website. Had he read the law so he knew that the millions of cancellations were inevitable?

Do we remember James Carville's caveat ... (not a friend of Rs) that Cruz was the most brilliant politician he had seen in a long time?

Overall, I think the shutdown was "fabulized" by the Ds, but its repercussions were far less substantive than what O-care continues to present.

For now, I'd like to think that Cruz is the bold, intelligent and principled person who is needed to shake up the "good ole boys". Is he? Don't think we can tell yet. Right now, if I had to choose to trust Cruz or trust Reid, no contest.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

As soon as (if) Christy is nominated they will tear into him like mad dogs after raw meat......WATCH!!!
    Exactly! Why would the Ds be so gracious as to tell the Rs who their best bet would be to beat Hillary? (or whomever the D candidate would be)

Also agree that they are ready to tear into Christie as soon as they can. NJ voted for him as Gov (v. an unknown D who didn't even get any support to speak of from DNC). D's knew Christie would win. It was a given. Why waste the $ and effort there. Exit polls also indicated that those same voters would NOT vote for him in a POTUS election!

They put their money into VA ... and still came close to losing. The Ds do not fear Christie as a national candidate.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Did Cruz throw the House under the bus ... or were all of them aware of what risk they were taking? I'm pretty sure that Cruz is bright enough to have known the risk he was taking. Cruz (with Lee) is the one who has taken the most flak. He had to know he would. Boehner has also been in the forefront, but more for his propensity to give up than stand up.

I was referring to his speeches after the shutdown ended.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

There is a lot of meat to tear into.

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    The reason for governing in the middle is to try to meet the needs of all people. I think when they are sworn in they say something like "for the people" not for the far right or far left. Law needs to be made for the best of all not for the wants of a few.

Cruz is a flash in the pan. He is loud and controversial so we will here much from him like Sara Paylen but he will never accomplish anything.

You need to look for a canidate that will please the most folks on the right and get part of what you want as opposed to hanging on to some ideology that will never happen or democrats will continue to have center stage.

It is that simple.
    HOw about they work for the actual federal income taxpayers. Someone who does nothing but take my money should have no say. The country gains nothing from someone taking and adding nothing but debt.
    Get out of your bed, stop multiplying like rabbits and take care of your litter.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I call BS on this one RK. The TPer's will be the first to attack CC. They have a history on eating there own.

Could be the reason the Dem's like him: He has a chance to beat a Dem, but they know the TPer's will go after him till all that's left are bones.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

I believe you are correct, Golddogs ... he will be ravaged by both the Ds and Tea Party. We saw how that works out in 2012. Why do the same thing again? At least a more obviously conservative nominee could be more acceptable to the R base. That doesn't have to be Cruz, but there's got to be some better option than Christie.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I believe you are correct, Golddogs ... he will be ravaged by both the Ds and Tea Party. We saw how that works out in 2012. Why do the same thing again? At least a more obviously conservative nominee could be more acceptable to the R base. That doesn't have to be Cruz, but there's got to be some better option than Christie.
    The Dems have all but annointed their nominee, and she is a sweetheart!!!

RK