The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Christie v. Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The Dems have all but annointed their nominee, and she is a sweetheart!!!

RK
    Cartoon in the paper this AM shows the POTUS's appointments secretary telling the Potus that all the R's want to do a photo op with the Potus after Christie"s landslide in NJ. It's like the elections the Potus prevailed in, sad candidates on the other side, with the exception of Rmoney.

Christie will make me waste a vote with Franco .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    What's even funnier is that they assume that Hilary will be the presumptive nominee and waltz right in and everyone will make nice about her involvement with Benghazi

Until the 2014 mid term elections shake out, I wont take any candidate seriously..way too early to speculate
    That is why you keep hanging on to it, because that is your ace card. Didn't work in 2012...won't work in 2016.

But if you are going to stand a chance, you need to nominate someone other than this idot here in Texas. And you are right, who every you nominate will be torn into. But to win, you have to nominate someone that folks other than old white guys like.

Tolerance is something you guys need to learn, so when you are voting in the primary don't nominate the guy you like, nominate the one that you think folks not like you will vote for and you might have a chance.

The massive smear campaign won't work...I'm sure you guys will try it, because you have nothing else. But a Christy might be able to give her a run for her money, but if I was you, I would leave him on the shelf and us him later.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    HOw about they work for the actual federal income taxpayers. Someone who does nothing but take my money should have no say. The country gains nothing from someone taking and adding nothing but debt.
    Get out of your bed, stop multiplying like rabbits and take care of your litter.
    I'm sorry, they all take your money, and the current administration has not taken anymore than the last from you. Please at least be truthfull when you write on here.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    What's even funnier is that they assume that Hilary will be the presumptive nominee and waltz right in and everyone will make nice about her involvement with Benghazi

Until the 2014 mid term elections shake out, I wont take any candidate seriously..way too early to speculate
    I said it earlier that there is no new Hillary ammunition to use against her besides Benghazi. The R's will beat that one drum so loud and long that they will drowned out themselves with the noise.

There has been some reports on the Benghazi incident also that ought to lead to new information in the next couple of weeks.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    As long as the tea party holds the republican party hostage, the whitehouse and the senate will continue to be controlled by democrats. I could see myself voting for a Chris Christy, but never a Ted Cruz. Cruz is actually a lot smarter than his rheteric is. He is politicing to the far right because they are the loudest and it might win the primary, but in doing so, the majority of folks that are in the middle will not vote for him. He is betting it all on Obamacare failing, which is a bad bet. But folks like Rush have teed him up with their Obamacare bashing, and he is only one thats blind ambition to be president got him up on the tee. By the time 2016 rolls around, his oppostion to obamacare will have him so deep in a trap he will not be able to dig out.

Now Christy has proven that he can carry northest votes and if the south and midwest would get behind him, you might have someone that would fight for some of your wants. But this discussion is really a waste of time because the tea party nuts are not going to get behind someone that does not tell them what they want to hear.

See the tea party's approach to being conservative is turning the water off, not limit the usage.
    The bolded statement above is the exact reason I would not vote for Christie. The country needs principled leaders, not fence-straddling politicians that only care about furthering their careers.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    The bolded statement above is the exact reason I would not vote for Christie. The country needs principled leaders, not fence-straddling politicians that only care about furthering their careers.
    Hang onto your principles and lose or vote for someone that will accomplish some of what you want and get something as opposed to nothing.

None of us get exactly what we want. That is a given, but the measure of a man is his character. Unfortunately, people don't value character any longer. The two most important criteria to me, as a voter, are trustworthiness and patriotism. I have no reason to question Christie's patriotism, but I don't have an ounce of trust in him.

Speak to residents of New Jersey and they will tell you he is not squeaky clean.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    None of us get exactly what we want. That is a given, but the measure of a man is his character. Unfortunately, people don't value character any longer. The two most important criteria to me, as a voter, are trustworthiness and patriotism. I have no reason to question Christie's patriotism, but I don't have an ounce of trust in him.

Speak to residents of New Jersey and they will tell you he is not squeaky clean.
    Frontrunner: What Christie’s big win says about national politics

In June 2011, a poll confirmed that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was losing favor with his constituents. His approval rating hit 44 percent, the lowest level to that point of his time in office, and just 36 percent among women.

Said Maurice Carroll, director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute, in reference to the gender gap, “I don’t think he can overcome it. Men tend to vote Republican and women tend to vote Democratic, and Christie is an extreme case.”

My how things changed. Christie won re-election Tuesday by a huge margin. The last Quinnipiac poll before the election gave him a 21-point lead among female voters — even though his Democratic opponent was a woman.

He rolled to another term even though his New Jersey constituents know he’s likely to turn right around and run for president in 2016.

Christie is one of the most impressive political phenomena in America today, as well as one of the most entertaining. After Superstorm Sandy pummeled the state, he infuriated many Republicans by appearing with and praising President Barack Obama, just days before the 2012 election. Yet this past Sunday, Mitt Romney gushed about the governor: “Chris could easily become our nominee and save our party and help get this nation on the right track again. They don’t come better than Chris Christie.”

He’s not exactly what political consultants would come up with if they did months of focus-testing on what voters want. He’s short-tempered, rough around the edges, prone to picking fights with his party as well as the opposition and often captured firing insults at citizens who challenge him.

Democrats know a threat when they see one — they were busy in the days leading up to this election trying to spin the massive victory by a Republican governor in a Democratic state. Prevailing argument: The Republican Party today is so extreme it couldn’t possibly embrace a candidate who has such broad appeal.

“Ever see a large man shot from a canon? Watch Jersey launch tonight, of @GovChristie boomlet. But will he have place to land in this GOP?” former White House senior adviser David Axelrod tweeted Tuesday.

Actually, Christie is one of the most popular figures in the Republican Party.

Democrats know he also appeals to many of their voters. He has to, since New Jersey has far more registered Democrats than Republicans and twice voted for Obama. When Christie gave his State of the State address this year, reported Michael Crowley of Time magazine, “Trenton’s Democratic legislature received him less as the pugnacious leader of the opposition than as its own conquering hero.”

His reception was not because Christie isn’t a conservative. A former prosecutor, he opposes abortion rights, battled to prevent gay marriage in New Jersey, vetoed tax increases, took on public employee unions and killed a planned subway tunnel to Manhattan on grounds of cost. He has defended mass surveillance by the National Security Agency. All this puts him pretty much in line with a GOP that is at a record low in national popularity.

So what’s his appeal? He is given to speaking with a bluntness most politicians avoid. He’s willing to tell voters unpleasant facts face-to-face. He seems incapable of the sort of phoniness voters have come to expect from politicians. He can be pragmatic without looking like a pushover.

What adds extra luster to his reputation is that in a time of gridlock and strife in Washington, he has no use for obstinate partisanship. When congressional Republicans held up disaster-relief funds after Sandy, Christie said it showed “why people hate Washington.” He points to his work with the Democratic legislature as “a governing model for the nation.”

That’s not just rhetoric. “Christie’s critics give him credit for progress in one key area: working with the Legislature to pay more toward the state’s pension obligations,” reports The New York Times. “The governor and the Legislature also limited the size of arbitration awards and the amount by which towns could increase property taxes, and required public employees to contribute more toward their benefits.”

All this makes him the apparent front-runner for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination. Christie has shown he is willing to take politically risky stands on tough problems and work across the aisle to solve them. Judging from Tuesday’s results, that’s not just good government. It’s good politics.

— The Chicago Tribune

He is given to speaking with a bluntness most politicians avoid. He’s willing to tell voters unpleasant facts face-to-face. He seems incapable of the sort of phoniness voters have come to expect from politicians. He can be pragmatic without looking like a pushover.

Never trust a dog to watch your food!