The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pump shotgun

Default Pump shotgun

Anyone hunt this gun Winchester SXP http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...s.cgi?i=615058. Looking for a new pump my 870 I got 3 yrs. ago has failed me too many times. I've sent it back to the factory 3 different times and still having problems with it. What's a good pump to hunt with in personal experience?

the Winchester SXP is more than likely a lower cost version of the old Winchester 1300 shotgun...not sure which 870 you have (Express or the Wingmaster ), never had problems with my Wingmasters, sold my Express last year...The Browning BPS pump is an excellent gun but not inexpensive as pump shotguns go, it also has a little more kick to it than I like
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Browning BPS!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    the Winchester SXP is more than likely a lower cost version of the old Winchester 1300 shotgun...not sure which 870 you have (Express or the Wingmaster ), never had problems with my Wingmasters, sold my Express last year...The Browning BPS pump is an excellent gun but not inexpensive as pump shotguns go, it also has a little more kick to it than I like
    unfortunately the express. I gave it away that's how bad it was with jamming even after being sent off 3 times. Then they told me to only shot Remington shells trough it because that's all that would work. I had to laugh on that one.

Yes the BPS is nice. The one I seen is a grand but probably worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyLattuca View Post
    unfortunately the express. I gave it away that's how bad it was with jamming even after being sent off 3 times. Then they told me to only shot Remington shells trough it because that's all that would work. I had to laugh on that one.
    the people at Remington should be biaaatch slapped for ever putting out the 870 Express. I had my slide bars machined and polished, put a Wingmaster stock, and forearm,Kick EEZ pad and it was like putting lipstick on a pig, felt like I had to apologize to all the other Remingtons I have ever owned for using such an imposter
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

For a grand you might as well buy the SX3, I don't personally own one but a lot of my hunting partners do and they all love it. I shoot a Nova, never had a problem except when shooting Fiocchi waterfowl loads, but I'm not the only person with that problem.
    Daren Galloway

Banned

I like the Benelli Nova best especially for the price. The new Ithaca's are probably the best made pumps on the market but they start at $850.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    the people at Remington should be biaaatch slapped for ever putting out the 870 Express. I had my slide bars machined and polished, put a Wingmaster stock, and forearm,Kick EEZ pad and it was like putting lipstick on a pig, felt like I had to apologize to all the other Remingtons I have ever owned for using such an imposter
    Do you have 24" chrome rims on a 4x4 too? lol....

Quote Originally Posted by rboudet View Post
    Browning BPS!
    I've even used mine to paddle the boat shoots when it's full of sand it's a tuff gun. Happy with mine for ten years now.