The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GRHRCH British Labs?

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    None right now I should have said hrch instead of grand hopefully have her grand by the time she is 3
    Good luck to you. Hard work does pay off...I found out in my later years that nothing is unreachable if we put our mind to it and have a talented dog to boot.

I have no clue the answer to the original post, but it'd be fun to find out! I know there are quite a many HRCH labs who have pedigrees from the UK. Double T has 3 or 4, including Spud who is in the 500
    Club.
    -Barton Ramsey

Quote Originally Posted by Margo Ellis View Post
    Chris Jobman was running a British dog at the fall grand. I believe he has 1 pass at the Grand level.
    What makes it British? Was it born overseas and imported?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    What makes it British? Was it born overseas and imported?
    That's a GOOD question! I don't know the answer. If the dam and sire are both imported, are the offspring also "British"?
    HRCH Cas-Hi Through the Dust MH - "Deacon"
    Boomer's Webb Footed Contessa - "Tessa"

Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE

All of his grandparents were in the UK. Spud (sire) was an import after getting his FTW- which is a designation not really a title, not sure how old his dam was when she was imported. So that would make Kiffin an american born UK dog. Kind of like an african american, or in my case- Polish american

There is one FTCH MH in the U.S. FTCH Rockenhart Voyager MH, many HRCH and MH dogs, a scant few QAA dogs, and I personally know one HRCH UH MH MNH HOF dog. That one truly is a UK dog, he was conceived in the UK and his dam was imported pregnant. Not sure if this was done due to the better health care, so the dog could run for president, or if they were just trying to have the litter so that the mother could stay in the country as a migrant worker.
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!

Quote Originally Posted by firehouselabs View Post
    All of his grandparents were in the UK. Spud (sire) was an import after getting his FTW- which is a designation not really a title, not sure how old his dam was when she was imported. So that would make Kiffin an american born UK dog. Kind of like an african american, or in my case- Polish american

There is one FTCH MH in the U.S. FTCH Rockenhart Voyager MH, many HRCH and MH dogs, a scant few QAA dogs, and I personally know one HRCH UH MH MNH HOF dog. That one truly is a UK dog, he was conceived in the UK and his dam
    was imported pregnant. Not sure if this was done due to the better health care, so the dog could run for president, or if they were just trying to have the litter so that the mother could stay in the country as a migrant worker.

I recently was fortunate enough to aquire a little pup BLM from Double TT British Kennel in Sylvia,
    Kansas, that pup registered as TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD. Trad's sire is HRCH TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN MH and his grandsire is HRCH UH CRAIGHORN SPUD MH.

I have had the wee Trad since 10/23/13 and he is a wonderful little pup. Highly social and quick to learn, he has been a joy to work with thus far and has all of "the genetic right stuff" to be both an incredible gundog and hunt test dog. I look forward to seeing this pup TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD develop and have great hopes for the wee lad in both arenas.

Slainte Mates,
    Irishwhistler
    Last edited by Irishwhistler; 11-07-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by firehouselabs View Post
    There is one FTCH MH in the U.S. FTCH Rockenhart Voyager MH
    Can we clarify that this dog was an imported Irish FTCh that rose to become a master hunter in the US, but is not an AFC or FC as titled in US field trials?

MG

There is one 500 point HRCH/MH "british dog" snooring away under my desk at the moment. Not that she cares from where her momma and daddy emigrated. The only time I had the time to run it and tried to enter the grand, fedex botched getting my entry there on time, the "no exceptions" clause was invoked and we stayed home. Such is life.
    Wm. Mark Edwards
    Pascagoula, MS

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH
    SHR Tipsy

Are some of these British dogs your talking about collar conditioned or not? I have watched people train without ecollars and the problems they run into on their British dogs. There are several around me that have Brits and don't use ecollars. They don't plan the game and have admitted the trouble they have. I agree with I'm sure the majority that u have to collar condition to have the advanced training.

Quote Originally Posted by Spag View Post
    That's a GOOD question! I don't know the answer. If the dam and sire are both imported, are the offspring also "British"?
    I believe they would be America dogs by birth.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.