The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O-care Participation

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    He is not sorry at all. The intent is to force healthy people who currently have good insurance, don't get credits etc into the exchanges. That is the group where the real money is by forcing them to give up a medically underwritten policy with a low rate and go with this new "community" rating.
    All policies with 1/1/14 effective dates will be based on the community rating not just those in the exchange. The exchange is only for those that we will be subsidizing. Actually, the exchange is Reperations In CogNegro since the majority will qualify for Medicade.
    Just Win

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    All policies with 1/1/14 effective dates will be based on the community rating not just those in the exchange. The exchange is only for those that we will be subsidizing. Actually, the exchange is Reperations In CogNegro since the majority will qualify for Medicade.
    They pulled it off though, in NC BCBSNC had 95% of the private market. They are only selling what is on the exchange. The only difference is that you don't need to use the federal exchange. You are still stuck paying huge increases for less coverage. You are still screwed out of your rating and forced to feed the beast. Just got a medically underwritten plan, getting back my rating, for about what I was paying and keeping better coverage. I simply have it going into effect Dec 1st 2013. BCBSNC gets its ass canceled that day. Was a bit of a hassle but worth it for $6000 in my pocket not the beast. Hopefully the whole thing blows up. This of course is only an 11 month fix for now.
    Last edited by luvmylabs23139; 11-11-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Some enrollment numbers have been released.
    The administration says a total of 975,407 applied for coverage and received an eligibility determination, but have not yet selected a plan. In addition to the 106,185 who have selected a plan, another 396,261 have been determined as eligible for Medicaid or a similar government program for children.

It would then appear that about 10% who created an account actually enrolled. 4X that many are eligible for Medicaid. It is unclear if the Medicaid eligibles are part of the 1 million. I might suspect that is the case.

The same article states that the govt had anticipated 1/2 million to sign up. It would appear that is the # you've got, except 80% of them are signing up for Medicaid. Not sure that great a disparity between paying enrollees and non-paying was expected.

A closer look at the numbers, though, shows how problems with HealthCare.gov have hampered the ability of would-be customers to enroll. Though the administration says the website is being fixed and it's getting better by the day, the stats show only 27,000 people signed up via the federally run exchanges. The state-run exchanges, which use different websites, signed up roughly 79,000. More than half of those sign-ups came from California and New York.
    Looks like the #s for those signing up with the Fed exchanges are lower than we've heard thus far. The # bandied about so far had mentioned 50,000 enrolling through the Fed exchange.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I have been watching Megan Kelly on Fox news tonight. Yes Buzz, I watch Fox but I also watch MSNBC and CNN. If the numbers she gave out are even REMOTELY accurate, then we as a country are in dire straights. 27,000 who have actually signed up on the exchanges. I assume the number is those who actually something for their health insurance but may have a subsidy. I believe this does not include those who have signed up for Medicaid who pay nothing. 5,000,000 who have so far who currently have insurance but have received notice of cancellation. The individual who is responsible for fixing the software system also appeared today before a gov. committee and stated "we are working very hard to correct the problems", actually spin for we won't meet the deadline given by the President. If these numbers are even close to being accurate, and the system is fixed, over 300,000/day will have to be signed up by the deadline just to BREAK EVEN. Frankly, I don't believe it will be fixed in the foreseeable future. They have had over 4 years to implement the system and there is no way to fix it in a matter of days.

On Jan. 1, 2014, doctors' offices may very well be flooded with patients whose insurance has been cancelled. Added to that will also be patients who have supposedly signed up on the exchanges and have coverage. Does anyone believe that the doctors will have any faith of the accuracy of the system of those enrolled? Does anyone believe that the doctors will have any confidence that they will be reimbursed by the gov. for the patients they treat? I can imagine the fear of those that tell the receptionist that they had insurance but it had just been cancelled. I suspect the doctors will tread regardless, ESPECIALLY those who have dad their insurance cancelled, but there will be a limit. THERE HAS TO BE A LIMIT.

What a mess we have. I believe we may have come too far to cancel Obama Care. I believe it can't be fixed. The nightmare has just begun.

The thing that puzzles me is that don't doctors make a pledge of some sort to treat people? I understand that everyone has to make a living and I think everyone should be able to make as much money as they can. As long as they are doing it ethically, go for it. What I don't understand is how a doctor can charge you the amounts that they do, for the brief amount of time they spend with you. Most times you get to see the doctor for about 5 to 10 minutes if you're lucky. Get a bill for $300. That's pretty good wages if you ask me.

Every doctor that I have seen throughout my lifetime has a staff of nurses, office staff, techs (of various sorts), lots of equipment, a building or office(s), consumable items used during exams, etc. so it's not just a bill for $300 that goes into their pockets. The local auto dealerships charge $90-100 dollars an hour, plumbers are fairly expensive, electricians make good wages and lets not forget how much auto workers make per hour! Doctors get paid for what they know and what they can do just like the above mentioned vocations.

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    The thing that puzzles me is that don't doctors make a pledge of some sort to treat people? I understand that everyone has to make a living and I think everyone should be able to make as much money as they can. As long as they are doing it ethically, go for it. What I don't understand is how a doctor can charge you the amounts that they do, for the brief amount of time they spend with you. Most times you get to see the doctor for about 5 to 10 minutes if you're lucky. Get a bill for $300. That's pretty good wages if you ask me.
    Hmm. I called an electrician because something blew at the outlet for my pool filter. Maybe 10 minutes spent and I got a bill for more than $150. Whatever.
    Next time the same thing happened, I knew what to do, went to home depot, got the part, and fixed it for $15.
    I can't do that with my health.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

As has been suspected, the biggest lie is still yet to be revealed. Many employer plans will NOT meet O-care requirements. Not surprising why the employer mandate was delayed a year. They just forgot that 15 million people losing insurance was going to be a pretty big deal in and of itself.

Employer plan cancellations should begin going out about Oct. 2014 (allowing the 90-day notice of cancellation on Dec. 31). I might suspect that if Obama is even half-smart, he would change that mandate BEFORE Oct., or the same mess we see now in trying to un-do cancellations will take place again a year from now.
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...arthy/page/0/1

John cites the Federal Register, dated June 17, 2010, beginning at page 34,552 (Vol. 75, No. 116). It includes a chart that outlines the Obama administration’s projections. The chart indicates that somewhere between 39 and 69 percent of employer plans would lose their “grandfather” protection by 2013. In fact, for small-business employers, the high-end estimate is a staggering 80 percent (and even on the low end, it’s just a shade under half — 49 percent).

That is to say: During all these years, while Obama was repeatedly assuring Americans, “If you like your health-insurance plan, you can keep your health-insurance plan,” he actually expected as many as seven out of every ten Americans covered by employer plans to lose their coverage. For small business, he expected at least one out of every two Americans, or as many as four out of every five, to lose their coverage.
    So, while the president has been telling us that, under the vaunted grandfathering provision, all Americans who like their health-insurance plans will be able to keep them, “period,” his administration has been representing in federal court that most health plans would lose their “grandfather status” by the end of this year. Not just the “5 percent” of individual-market consumers, but close to all consumers — including well over 100 million American workers who get coverage through their jobs — have been expected by the president swiftly to “transition to the requirements under the [Obamacare] regulations.” That is, their health-insurance plans would be eliminated. They would be forced into Obamacare-compliant plans, with all the prohibitive price hikes and coercive mandates that “transition” portends.
    Nobody should say next October that they didn't see this coming.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Wow ... is this ever far out!
    And yet, somehow, a progressive Congressman from Colorado still believes this administration has the credibility, capacity, and competency to successfully enact comprehensive immigration reform? Keep dreaming, pal:

Rep. Jared Polis said Friday the key problem with health care right now is that illegal immigrants aren’t included in Obamacare, and said part of the solution is to pass a bill granting them citizenship rights.
    The House is debating a GOP-written bill that would allow Americans to keep their health plans that have been canceled under Obamacare, but Mr. Polis, a Colorado Democrat, said the chamber should instead be looking at ways to make sure everyone in the country is covered by the Affordable Care Act — including illegal immigrants.
    Yes, that would be a great solution to O-care ... another 10 million who don't pay for their health care insurance ... (I'm granting, here, that there may be 1 or 2 million of the total who will pay for their coverage).
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybens...built-n1749461

Oops ... people can now enroll, but the systems for transmitting payments to the insurance companies isn't built yet. That's a biggie, I'd think.

It's still pretty amazing that in 3 years they couldn't get such a critical feature completed.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com