RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Push Field Brag

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Paula Richard 
#1 ·
This is a HUGE field brag for Firemark's Push Comes To Shove, QFTR, Am. Can.***, WCX. Push, just in the last few weeks of our season opening has accumulated another 5 All-Age Points. Push has earned a CM and a Third place win in the Amateur stakes since May 21st. Just this last weekend alone, won a 2nd Place in an OPEN. The second place was to the first place winner, a National Champion and a really great lab. There was a fine line between the win and 2nd place. Proud and excited doesn't even come close to what we are feeling about this special, gorgeous Golden Retriever. Melanie, who is Push's breeder, I know, is as excited as we are. Push needs a win in the Open or Amateur, to earn his AFTCH. title now. When he gets his Open win, will need two more points to earn the FTCH. title here. His consistency in finishing this year so far is remarkable and what we believe is just the beginning of his field career. Push is truly one of the best Golden Retrievers we have ever come across, let alone owned. His structure, his attitude, natural talent and water love and courage, style, self-confidence, marking gifts, memory, his biddability, temperament, his health, etc., etc., is more than we could ever ask for in 'just' one Golden Retriever. Oh yes, before Melanie corrects me, these wins have qualified him for both the National Amateur here as well as the National Open for this year.

Take care for now.

Val Ducross
http://www.ambertrail.com

See less See more
#3 ·
Push

YEEEHHHHAAAAAWWWW!!!!! Go Push Go!
Val, I am so happy for you and Mike, I truly am, but darn it, I knew I should have dognapped that young man when he was in South Georgia!
Take Care,
Becky and Hoss

#5 ·
Thanks ladies! :D What I forgot to mention, was that Push had five months off without any training at all. He spent the entire winter from last November to April being a house dog and a couch potato with the rest of the Goldens we have. He resumed training early April under my tutelage and got his first ribbon, the CM May 21st with Mike handling. When Mike gets home from work, he takes Push and a few others out for more work. Mike and Push are an amazing team and it is a thrill for me to be part of Push's growth this spring. I love to train and Mike has to work :wink:. So between us, and some very important friends, Push is blossoming into a very nice field dog. Oh yes, can't forget the incredible training grounds we have to work with! Thank you for all the good wishes. Will keep you posted.

Take care for now.

Val Ducross
http://www.ambertrail.com

#6 ·
......and he seems to be passing it on. Push's little boy by Flame, Zoot, managed to carry his handler to a first ever title (for both of them) when he completed his JH this week-end. After stumbling in our 1st two tests, we went three for three. I'm pretty proud of this guy. Thanks Mike, Val and Melanie!!

Ted

#8 ·
Wow!! Congratulations!!! I don't know you or Push, but always good to hear about a truly good Golden!! 8)

M

#9 ·
Congratulations to Val and Mike, and also to Melanie, the breeder, for the huge success with Firemark's Push Comes to Shove!!! He carries on at Ambertrail in the tradition of Sprint, Mac and Jimmie.

I've only seen Push once, when he won the 100 dog Qual at the 2003 GRCA Specialty in Ohio. The land blind went across a corner of a pond, diagonally through about 200 yards of heavy cover which included the area of the fall of the previous day's flyer, and on to the bird. All dogs had problems with this blind, and Push lined it.

I'm very proud that my Cody is a Mac son from a Sprint daughter. Val and Mike are a great credit to our breed.

#13 ·
That is so awesome, Val. It sounds as though he is an amazing animal and I hope that he will be going to the specialty in Gettysburg. I would love to see him run. It's nice to know that dogs can have all of that time off and still do great work. We weren't able to train in the winter either and with all of the snow we had last year, we couldn't even do drills. By April, we were all dying to get out there!!!! :wink:

Paula 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.