The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The white trash world we live in

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I think the mistake is in the title. Like some above have said, trash is trash, regardless of color. The decision to use white trash makes me wonder if it doesn't tie in to "white guilt"?
    If white guilt = fear of being labeled a racist, then I agree. Definitely agree that trash is trash, no matter what the skin color is or how much money the person has. And yes I am old enough to be guilty of judging a woman that dresses like a slut or a man with his underwear hanging out of his saggy pants. I was raised to believe that it's not sexy to display your equipment for the world to see; class is looking sexy while leaving something to the imagination. And oh yes, I remember the hippy days, too. "You're not going out in public wearing that, it looks cheap." LOL
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    If white guilt = fear of being labeled a racist, then I agree. Definitely agree that trash is trash, no matter what the skin color is or how much money the person has. And yes I am old enough to be guilty of judging a woman that dresses like a slut or a man with his underwear hanging out of his saggy pants. I was raised to believe that it's not sexy to display your equipment for the world to see; class is looking sexy while leaving something to the imagination. And oh yes, I remember the hippy days, too. "You're not going out in public wearing that, it looks cheap." LOL
    Thanks for the heads up on the book.

I find it interesting that many think they have the equipment to place it in full view are exactly the opposite. The young women of our day wore ankle length dresses with zero hint of cleavage. It left much more to the imagination which in most cases gave more credit than due.

To think that some of the stuff happening today is original, it is not, the golden rule of our day was do not do anything to bring the wrath of the authorities or the adults you cared about down on the scene. We were allowed latitude but were also expected to mind our P's & Q's.

Having a live in GF was not unusual but it was kept quiet, a bad recommend from your chosen major prof could lose the career opening job you were salivating to get . I don't get to concerned as the top end stuff is still given to those who have class, as it should be. Those who control the purse do not want trash hanging around.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Sorry about the lack of formatting; went back and tried to add paragraph breaks but either my computer or this forum program makes editing things you cut/paste impossible. Curious what others think about this trend (especially those in my age group, baby boomers!)
    Eye of the beholder I guess, mini skirts and Presidents having their way with actresses in the White House predates me. Old people tend to forget their generation and bitch about the next. The baby boomers handed down a debt and a sham of a government that GenX will never be able to get out of, they are the last people who should be bitching about anything but they will continue to. Not a baby boomer but over the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I think the mistake is in the title. Like some above have said, trash is trash, regardless of color. The decision to use white trash makes me wonder if it doesn't tie in to "white guilt"?
    No white guilt here. White trash or ghetto, take your pick.

Good manners, dress and social skills are color blind Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

a man with his underwear hanging out of his saggy pants.
    A cops best friend when chasing a perp. Saw it twice. Kid kept trying to hold his pants up while running away. Other one was trying to climb a fence. When he got hung up it was all the officers could do to keep from laughing.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!