The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Working two dogs together

Default Working two dogs together

I have a BLM that's 8 months old and my brother has a BLF that is 1.5 yrs old. My question is, whenever they are together, they go to town playing with each other. When it is time to train, they focus and honor each other well but if you turn your back and relax a little bit (take a break to talk or just hanging around, they are going crazy with each other. They are both instigators when one is doing what it's supposed to the other messes things up and visa versa. Any advice??? Thanks

Sounds like it is normal, I see it at six year old dog that's been to the national, I think Labs are just full of life to the very end
    Nothing Bad happens to pup on my watch

Steve Talbot

Yeah I hope that when we hunt them together they understand that its game time and not play time.

I can tell you mine is a totally different dog hunting. Around the house, she loves attention; in the blind, she does not want you to even pet her and is totally focused. I bet that once your two dogs understand what hunting is about, you won't have any horseplay issues in the blind.