The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best flooring for home with dog(s)...

Banned

A rough tile is the best but be sure to use epoxy grout especially where the dogs come in wet or dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Coot Killr View Post
    Jamie

Purchased the tile at Buck's Decorating in Godfrey, IL. Had it installed on the entire first floor. It really does look like hardwood and has some texture to it so it's not slippery. I'm sure some carpet/tile store your way carries it or could order it for you.

Looking forward to getting back to training with you, Dennis and others. I'm the guy from Jerseyville that came down and threw birds while waiting for my Slider pup. He's coming along nicely. Almost ready for pile work.
    Hey!!! Sending you a PM
    God bless!- Jamee

When you stop having fun, it's time to quit!!
    "If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either"- Author unknown

My team:
    HR Dr. J's RxRated High Caliber JH "Kali"
    White Oak's Change of Plans "Bodee"
    #1 cheerleader: SJ's Gotta-Lot-A Go Lil "Jake"

Gone but never forgotten:
    HR Stevie-Joe's Super "Star"- my heart dog, I love you baby
    October 24, 2001-January 6, 2013

This is going in our entire house next week! We ended up with Vinyl plank because the laminate was too slippery and even with the thicker stuff, it sounded too hollow. The warranty on this is incredible. Looks like wood, textured like wood. I didn't want wood because of the care and didn't want tile as it would look strange in our 1960s ranch. And it's too cold. We couldn't afford the under floor heating to make it warm.

This stuff is in a lot of the restaurants you go too.

http://shawfloors.com/resilient-floo...-shelton_pecan
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

We took our hardwood floors up and put in tile. Easy to clean, indestructable, and impervious to dogs. Plus.....it looks great!
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

HRCH UH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) 1000 Point Club
    UH HR GCH Carolina's Wild March Hare SH JHR RAE OA OAJ WDX CGC TDI (Bunny)
    HR CH Carolina's Running with the Hare SH JHR RN WDX CGC (Blew)

A textured tile floor is the way to go. The dogs are not going to tear it up and it is easy to clean.

A similar discussion Jan 2012, our floor is now almost 2 years old and requires almost no maintenance and looks perfect.

http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...light=flooring

We installed a vinyl plank floor based on Dr. Ed's recommendation, and we love this floor.

Wow, good post...I have hardwood floors except for the bedrooms which are carpeted. The hardwood floor needs replaced, our three dogs have pitted the floor. We keep their nails trimmed, but they just have ruined the floor. Also, it is not good for their hips and they slip slide around on it all the time. I have been considering vinyl planks and now you all have given me some other ideas to consider....

My original need for new flooring in the family room and kitchen has now mushroomed to...well as long as I'm at it, I'll replace the counter-tops, paint the walls, put in kitchen backsplash, replace vent and outlet covers. Luckily my kitchen cupboards are in good condition; but seriously, this pup is costing me a lot of money.
    Becky
    Life is Good . . . Do what you like - Like what you do.

A few years back we changed all flooring in the house to Natural oiled 3/4" oak. 4 " planks.
    Really beautiful and so easy to clean. I have asthma so it's important to me that the floors are clean.
    Sure it gets a few scratches from the dogs but they can be sanded if really bad or rubbed with a bit of oil and the minor scratches disappear.
    Wouldn't have anything else.
    Deb
    Shekko Raven Of Brunlea SH "Raven" 1999-2011 forever loved & never forgotten
    Heads Up General Montgomery MH QAA "Monty" 2002-
    Can FC AFC Maralan's Kids Wanna Rock "Rocky" 2006-
    High Point Open / All-Age 2013
    Wynflat's Dark Side Of The Moon "Floyd" 2011
    High Point Junior 2013 and Can AFC @ 2.5 years