The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You May Now

Default You May Now

call me Mr Councilman - I'm ahead far enough that if all the remaining votes went to the incumbent I would still win. I presently have 55% of the vote.

I ran a campaign focused on the spending - the Mayor & several councilmembers, all long time residents in the city, publicly opposed me. I stayed away from the personal stuff, focusing only on the high wages being paid.

I ran because the city was not responding to their residents. IMO staying focused on the spending won the race. There are lots of issues, a budget coming up the night I am sworn in which I plan to propose many amendments, & a Parks & Trails plan crafted with public input which they choose to ignore. It should be entertaining, small town politics if no different tha DC politics, just more out of sight .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Congrats Marvin! You now are "the government".

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    call me Mr Councilman - I'm ahead far enough that if all the remaining votes went to the incumbent I would still win. I presently have 55% of the vote.

I ran a campaign focused on the spending - the Mayor & several councilmembers, all long time residents in the city, publicly opposed me. I stayed away from the personal stuff, focusing only on the high wages being paid.

I ran because the city was not responding to their residents. IMO staying focused on the spending won the race. There are lots of issues, a budget coming up the night I am sworn in which I plan to propose many amendments, & a Parks & Trails plan crafted with public input which they choose to ignore. It should be entertaining, small town politics if no different tha DC politics, just more out of sight .
    Congrats ! Hope you can make a difference..............
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

I'm sure you will do a good job, Marvin.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Congratulations!
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

congratulations mr. councilman!!!!! we are proud of you marvin!

can i be considered a crony and submit a contract and provide a kickback?
    john mccallie

Congratulations Marvin.......when you become as unpopular (in some circles) as Phoenix Councilman Sal DiCiccio, I WILL buy you that steak dinner. He has gone after "Pension Spiking" in a big way. Some/many former City of Phoenix employees are walking away with lifetime pensions, greater then they were paid as employees. Quite the gig.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Nice work Marvin. Make it count.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Congratulations Councilman on your perserverance on winning an election..You will do a fine job
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Congrats Marvin. Now go give em hell!!