The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How old is your e-collar

Default How old is your e-collar

Don't want to start a TT vs Dogtra vs anything else thread, there's enough of those. I was curious how old your e-collar is? I was pheasant hunting yesterday and started thinking that my current collar is going to be going on its fourth dog soon and still on original batteries. I have a TT Classic 70sxl 2 dog. Both collars and the transmitter have been through alot since 2002 when I got them. I keep meaning to send them to Collar Clinic to have them gone through but it just seems like between training, hunting for waterfowl and upland and guiding some it just hasn't gotten done. Its been a dang good piece of equipment. A training partner keeps telling me to buck up and get a new model as they are smaller, better, blah, blah blah. I don't think I will. I'll keep my trusty friend.
    Last edited by Bob Z; 11-09-2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: I aint got none grammer

Still have an old TT Pro100 that gets used occassionally around here that was purchased in 1999

I do like my smaller G3 EXP though!
    www.dakotacreekretrievers.com

Online store - http://store.dakotacreekretrievers.com
    Find us on facebook!

GMHR-II Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH
    MHR Pine Acre's Dakota Sand Creek SH WCI
    Dakota Creek's Royal Gem
    Dakota Creek's Long Shot
    Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc
    Drake's Bay Super Duty (2004 - 2013)

I have three. I bought my Judge back in 1992, haven't used it since 1995 when I bought my LR 200. I sent it back for new batteries around 2002, but don't use it anymore either. I use my Pro 500 daily. I bought it in 1999 and replaced the batteries myself a few years ago. I love it, it seems indestructable, and functions perfectly.

Still using my TT 100A circa 1991. Sent to collar clinic once for batteries (2002) About due for batteries again......Will probably upgrade this spring....

Training partners bust my chops about having a "cereal box" strapped to my dog.

Randy
    May you pin all the marks and line the blinds!!

Avatar courtesy of RTF"s TZAPPIA

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

I have a judge that is at least 25 years old and still works. I wouldn't put it on a dog but it works. Pretty brutal collar, but it was the standard at the time. Better than a sling shot or BB gun.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

One of mine is 8yo and the new one just under a year. Both are Dogtra.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    Pink Lady

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

My Dogtra 1800's are 10 yrs old and working fine. But I don't know what I'll get when they do die.

Which piece? I have three receivers and one transmitter that have all been replaced at least once. I guess the oldest piece now would be the receiver I bought in 2009? How is it that these newer things don't seem to hold up? My husband has a hand held HAM radio that he bought 22 years ago and it works like new even though it has had a HARD life!
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

I have 3 Dogtra collars, a NCP2000 that is 11 years old, a 1200 that is about 8 yrs. old, and a newer one that I bought used 2 yrs ago, a 3500 2-dog. The oldest one is a warhorse, I only have to charge it 2 or 3x a year. I use the 2 older ones almost daily, at least 4 or 5x a week. The one that has given me the most trouble is the newest one; it also has to be charged almost weekly, it seems. Funny you brought this up, today when I went to use the newest one as it's a 2-dog, it had a dead battery so I went straight to "old faithful"!
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

dogtra that i think is 8 years old....no probs