The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How old is your e-collar

Two dog Pro 500. I have an old (25 year) TT 100 LR that I think still works. Collar clinc did batteries 10 years ago or so. I think I'll put it on the charger and give it a try tomorrow. Still have 2 TT bark eliminator just as old. They got batteries at the same time as the 100LR. Still work just fine. Jill just needs to see it hanging on the crate. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

I have a TT Flyway I bought in 2003. It still works but it has short contacts that can't be changed so I use it as a spare. I have a TT 500 which I won in 2004 at the Gold Whistle, still use it. I have another Flyway that I bought second hand which I still use . It is probably from 2005 and I have a TT500 from 2003 that my sister gave me. It needs to be sent to the collar clinc as for the first time it will not charge. I have also had Innotek which I will not comment on. I have a Sportdog that they wear when pheasant hunting.
    Love my TT's just wish they hadn't sold out.

I have a Dogtra 1200NCP. If memory serves, bought it in 02,maybe 03. One set of batteries. Hunted with it again today. Great product, zero problems. Will get another if this one goes down.

Same here Tdog. Bought mine in 2002, never changed the battery, and it still works today.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    I have a judge that is at least 25 years old and still works. I wouldn't put it on a dog but it works. Pretty brutal collar, but it was the standard at the time. Better than a sling shot or BB gun.
    I also have a TT Judge from 1989 sitting on a shelf in my shop.They had plugs to change burn level and the receiver had a pretty beefy antenna.

I just sold my SportDog from '08 it worked great as long as I charged it for 10 hours 😳. The batteries just needed replaced in the transmitter. I wish I would have held on to it and used it for a dummy collar. I just picked up a TT G3 70 Exp
    OWNED BY:
    Longhorn Lacey's Boomerang "Boomer"
    Brio's Jollycurl to Bravo First Over Under JH WCX "Parker"

Kyle Crump