The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Gun buying conundrum

What I find amusing ,, is you see these fine older 870's for sale,, and sometimes you just take one look at them, and can easily see the gun has been treated without respect. they will be dirty,, rusted outside and down the bore of the barrel,,,, action full of fine sand from the river bottom. evidence of salt water conditions,, stocks cut,,, fixed chokes modified and opened up,, and yet the owners will say they want to sell it cause they need a gun that can shoot steel shot!

They dont want to score the bore of the barrel!

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    What I find amusing ,, is you see these fine older 870's for sale,, and sometimes you just take one look at them, and can easily see the gun has been treated without respect. they will be dirty,, rusted outside and down the bore of the barrel,,,, action full of fine sand from the river bottom. evidence of salt water conditions,, stocks cut,,, fixed chokes modified and opened up,, and yet the owners will say they want to sell it cause they need a gun that can shoot steel shot!

They dont want to score the bore of the barrel!

Gooser
    Sounds eerily familiar to the use case of Stoeger owners - use to bust ice, boat paddle, ditch digger on that extra Hen.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

NEITHER!!!! keep looking/waiting

Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE

I can't believe this has ballooned to 8 pages and growing! On a really happy note: had to drop off some memorial money to the Knights of Columbus Pres. who just so happens to own the meat locker in town. I asked if he ever had any large beef ribs suitable for dogs and he dug up 4 monster ribs with enough meat and fat on them that I seriously considered cooking them up for supper tonight! He said that they all go to the "trash" and the rendering guy comes to pick them up, and to give him a call the day before I come in and he will save a bunch back for me- and at no charge! I told him that I would pay for them but he declined! Crazy small town people! Gotta love 'em!
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!