The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: O-care and Medicare

Default O-care and Medicare

Overall, the Affordable Care Act slashes Medicare Advantage funding by $156 billion in ten years, a reduction that Democrats and many journalists long insisted would not harm patients. Republicans, however, have continually warned of dire consequences.

Now, insurance companies, feeling squeezed, are nixing doctor contracts and patient plans to save money. Medicare Advantage plans are being dropped all over the country.

Nearly 4,000 UnitedHealthCare Medical Advantage members in Hawaii will have their plan terminated next year, according to the Honololu Star-Advertiser.

UnitedHealthCare Medical Advantage is also eliminating two plans in Broward County, Florida.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/08/se...#ixzz2kC0JPCbV

The article also cited 74,000 seniors in NJ who will face losing Advantage plans.

I do not have an "Advantage" plan. My annual premium increase should be getting here soon. I can hardly wait to see what happens.

For Medicare A & B, I am paying $103/mo. My Supplemental policy with BS is an additional $164/mo. Then separate drug coverage for $21/mo. My personal choice is also to carry nursing home insurance for $59/mo (taken out before I turned 50) I could have saved money with an Advantage plan which would have covered Part B & drug, but I didn't feel comfortable with the limited networks of the Advantage plan.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/08/se...#ixzz2kC0JPCbV

The article also cited 74,000 seniors in NJ who will face losing Advantage plans.

I do not have an "Advantage" plan. My annual premium increase should be getting here soon. I can hardly wait to see what happens.

For Medicare A & B, I am paying $103/mo. My Supplemental policy with BS is an additional $164/mo. Then separate drug coverage for $21/mo. My personal choice is also to carry nursing home insurance for $59/mo (taken out before I turned 50) I could have saved money with an Advantage plan which would have covered Part B & drug, but I didn't feel comfortable with the limited networks of the Advantage plan.
    Please explain why you have a supplement!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

For the 20% that Medicare A & B do not cover. 20% of some very major medical issue could still be a very substantial "hit".
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    For the 20% that Medicare A & B do not cover. 20% of some very major medical issue could still be a very substantial "hit".
    I had a 6 vein Bypass just after I turned 65 - my total biil after Medicare subtracted what they would allow was under 1K. 17 years at 2K per year for a supplement will pay a lot of costs, so we self insure. I've had a rotator cuff about 4 years ago, again putting out less than $500 for my share. My wife is no different other than she's has a couple more procedures. Your 20% of a bill is after medicare has shown what they will allow, though there are outfits that try to collect more. We review all bills thoroughly .

We've never considered Medicare advantage as most don't cover where we go. I will not let HC dictate where we can be at any time.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!