The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEF Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget Bodine View Post
    So you CAN fix them??? Send directions please!! I wish someone would make them again!
    They do, called GUNX. Used mine for the first time yesterday and loved the ease of operation but not used to the small 209's vs 22 cal.
    8mm just saved me a ton of $$$, Thank You!
    Just Win

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    They do, called GUNX. Used mine for the first time yesterday and loved the ease of operation but not used to the small 209's vs 22 cal.
    8mm just saved me a ton of $$$, Thank You!
    You're welcome! I get good training advice here, but I'm a noob at that and can't contribute much there. So I'm trying to do my bit in other ways...
    Tom Rogers; Owned and Handled by Al Capone's Magic Patriot Son - Riot
    [FC/AFC Big Alfonse Capone of Mo-Kan x Dominators Magic Avalon]

R.I.P. Grandpaws FC AFC HRCH Taylorlab Downtown "Dusty" Brown MH & FC CFC CAFC Taylorlabs "Magic" Trick MH CD
    Riot's Career
    on EE

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget Bodine View Post
    So you CAN fix them??? Send directions please!! I wish someone would make them again!
    Yes you can. Disassembly is as easy as punching out 4 pins...but reassembly you need a specially made guide pin or two and an aptitude for 3D jigsaw puzzles. Not easily 'splained...

R.I.P. Grandpaws FC AFC HRCH Taylorlab Downtown "Dusty" Brown MH & FC CFC CAFC Taylorlabs "Magic" Trick MH CD
    Riot's Career
    on EE

So where to you get the special guide pin? I've got a NEF that needs that repair but I know soon as I punch those pins out it's going to h### real fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad B View Post
    So where to you get the special guide pin? I've got a NEF that needs that repair but I know soon as I punch those pins out it's going to h### real fast!
    Do it on the kitchen table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and have a ziplock bag for the pieces. If my gunsmith can reassemble mine you can drop off in LC for fix. What's broken on yours Brad?
    Just Win

I got one that doesn't advance the cylinder when you shoot it double action. Looks like the part that pushes up on the rear of the cylinder is worn such that contact isn't made. or the cylinder itself may be worn out of spec.

I have one I bought around 1990. Lost it while running a bird dog from horseback and it laid out in a field for 8 months before it was found. Cleaned it up and it's been going ever since. I hope it never breaks. I don't use it much now days because I have 4 launchers that go boom but it's always in my training bag.

Get yourself a drill bit of the correct diameter (take the trigger guard to the hardware store with you) and cut the shank off long enough that it holds the parts together in the trigger guard but doesn't protrude any. When you get the trigger guard and its subassembly in place properly, then you push the short dummy pin out with the real pin you took out to disassemble the gun.

Riot's Career
    on EE

Quote Originally Posted by 8mmag View Post
    Get yourself a drill bit of the correct diameter (take the trigger guard to the hardware store with you) and cut the shank off long enough that it holds the parts together in the trigger guard but doesn't protrude any. When you get the trigger guard and its subassembly in place properly, then you push the short dummy pin out with the real pin you took out to disassemble the gun.
    Brilliant! Never thought of using a drill bit. Thanks, something else just got put on my to do list!

Brilliant! Never thought of using a drill bit. Thanks, something else just got put on my to do list!
    Along with how many others??????
    Just Win