The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taste of the Wild dog food?

Quote Originally Posted by SpinRetriever View Post
    Best to wait on that food until full grown.
    Can you explain why?

My pup was having loose stools, and someone recommended TOTW. Tried the Pacific Stream Puppy formula...no more lose stools and he loves it. He was about 7.5 months when I made the switch.

Thanks for the replys. I went to Tractor Supply last week and looked at TOTW in the 35# bag. The price sticker was around $35. Checked their website yesterday and it was $47 a bag, a lot of difference. Guess someone put the wrong price on the shelf or got the bags in the wrong place. I was just looking for a food in a bigger bag than the Iams 30# bag, it does not last a month like Diamond used to for one dog.
    Of course I want a quality food for my dog.

I fed TOTW for a while. While picking some up at TSC I looked at their 4Health brand. I switched to it and have been happy with it, less money too.

Tom
    Tom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by catfish_joe View Post
    Can you explain why?

My pup was having loose stools, and someone recommended TOTW. Tried the Pacific Stream Puppy formula...no more lose stools and he loves it. He was about 7.5 months when I made the switch.

Same here. My pup was on BLue buffalo and had pretty constant GI problems. Switched to TOTW puppy fourmla an haven't had issue since. He has a great coat and is very lean still. Planning on keeping him on puppy till he fattens up a bit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by catfish_joe View Post
    Can you explain why?

The mineral content is too high for puppies like Labradors in the regular versions. The puppy foods have too much vegetable protein for my taste but the minerals are ok.

I was commenting on the regular formulas. The OP didn't mention the puppy foods.

For $1.70lb including tax you can do better IMO.
    Last edited by SpinRetriever; 11-13-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieC View Post
    Thanks for the replys. I went to Tractor Supply last week and looked at TOTW in the 35# bag. The price sticker was around $35. Checked their website yesterday and it was $47 a bag, a lot of difference. Guess someone put the wrong price on the shelf or got the bags in the wrong place. I was just looking for a food in a bigger bag than the Iams 30# bag, it does not last a month like Diamond used to for one dog.
    Of course I want a quality food for my dog.
    Buy Dr. Tim's online he sells it in 44lb bags and its cheaper and better than TOTW.

So now the moderator will chime in and yell at me but I really do not care. There are quite a few people on here using Dr. Tim's and I will always mention Dr. Tim's as one of the best on the market.
    Last edited by SpinRetriever; 11-13-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinRetriever View Post
    Buy Dr. Tim's online he sells it in 44lb bags and its cheaper and better than TOTW.

So now the moderator will chime in and yell at me but I really do not care. There are quite a few people on here using Dr. Tim's and I will always mention Dr. Tim's as one of the best on the market.
    SpinRetiever Which one of Dr. Tims foods are You reffering to.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    SpinRetiever Which one of Dr. Tims foods are You reffering to.

http://www.chewy.com/dog/dr-tims-pur...y-dog/dp/37811
    http://www.chewy.com/dog/dr-tims-kin...s-dry/dp/37810

Pursuit is $1.50lb in 44lb bags, no tax, free shipping

Kinesis is $1.39lb in 44lb bags, no tax, free shipping

Personally, I like the Kinesis for a puppy, 26/16 is what I would use right now.

I use to feed taste of the wild to my dogs all the time. I think it's the best food for the price, but not everybody sells it so I had to stop when I moved. Highly recommend it!
    Robert Douglas
    Dog Training, Dog Breeding, & Duck Hunting
    http://www.labradorretrieverstuddog.com

Isn't it made by Diamond? That would make me pass on it at any cost