The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: Awesome!!!!!!!!

  1. #21
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,711

    Default

    Even Howard Dean who happens to be an MD and former head of the DNC questioned whether BHO has the legal authority to change it....hey but he has shown he will say whatever he has to and the gullible masses and a willing press will spin his message enough times to make believers out of all the sheeple
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Wait until 2015 when all the unions, large employers. local state and city government dump all their employees into the system. This is when things get really fun. They have been getting great insurance at reasonable costs. Then their costs are going to balloon. The unions better start getting their signs and shoes ready because they will be marching in the streets. Oct. 1, 2014 is when the 90 day notices of cancellation go out for 2015, I believe.

  3. #23
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    they say our president is going on TV in 30 min and fix health care. for real, turn it on. 30 min. I guess I do not have to show him the letter I got, now do I?
    I'm just glad that when I checked my bank account a few minutes ago my 11 month fix went thru and got approved. The final step is now complete. We got back our healthy rating, reduced our out of pocket expenses, reduced our deductables etc. No idea what to do come Dec 1st 2014. I guess I will just keep working on it. Is was worth all the hassle for $6000 per year.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  4. #24
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    incidentally this is the first year my insurance hasn't raised in price or had benefits cut from it. I know I am fortunate compared to others and I don't know if the ACA had anything do with it, but that is what happened.
    Ours went up $500 per month or 118%. The benefits were slashed.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Even Howard Dean who happens to be an MD and former head of the DNC questioned whether BHO has the legal authority to change it....hey but he has shown he will say whatever he has to and the gullible masses and a willing press will spin his message enough times to make believers out of all the sheeple
    Let's see if McCain (AZ)or his buddy Graham (SC) come out and say it is the law because the people have voted. Now we cannot change the law because people voted for this one. I will be a little surprised to see them doing their usual weekend show tour.

  6. #26
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    Wait until 2015 when all the unions, large employers. local state and city government dump all their employees into the system. This is when things get really fun. They have been getting great insurance at reasonable costs. Then their costs are going to balloon. The unions better start getting their signs and shoes ready because they will be marching in the streets. Oct. 1, 2014 is when the 90 day notices of cancellation go out for 2015, I believe.
    its already happening in our union, they are looking to dump the insurance on the hotels and many of the hotels (including the one I work for) have already gone to 30 hr work weeks which mean the employees will be hard pressed to meet the minimums and therefore the hotel is off the hook and the Employee is on their own...I even had one stupid union rep/steward try to talk to me about going on strike..I just laughed in her face and asked who was going to pay her mortgage and car payment when the hotel had us replaced before the end of the business day...she had no answer
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orange Ca
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    its already happening in our union, they are looking to dump the insurance on the hotels and many of the hotels (including the one I work for) have already gone to 30 hr work weeks which mean the employees will be hard pressed to meet the minimums and therefore the hotel is off the hook and the Employee is on their own...I even had one stupid union rep/steward try to talk to me about going on strike..I just laughed in her face and asked who was going to pay her mortgage and car payment when the hotel had us replaced before the end of the business day...she had no answer
    AMEN!!! This is EXACTLY what is happening in our industry as well. Not just with union employee's but with many of the different levels of employee's. When some companies are barely keeping afloat and already operating on thin margins you go and burden them with these huge increases. Who do you think that falls on. So does dictator Obama have a resolve for this VERY REAL phenomenon? Don't worry though. We will all have his insurance and it will get subsidized because we will all be working less and getting paid less.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    785

    Default

    I am referring to the cities which are in the 100k plus range, larger counties and townships. Some of the smaller ones have already dropped spouses and/or cutting to the under 30 hour. This is not making large groups mad.

    As far as companies it will be interesting what companies like Procter & Gamble, Pfizer, Merck, General Electric, Johnson & Johnson and Exxon to name a few. We already have seen Wal-Mart, Bank of America, Citigroup and Wells Fargo cuts. Yes the first group of companies will continue to moving workers out of the country unless our dollar goes belly up.
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 11-14-2013 at 03:45 PM.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    I am referring to the cities which are in the 100k plus range, larger counties and townships. Some of the smaller ones have already dropped spouses and/or cutting to the under 30 hour. This is not making large groups mad.

    As far as companies it will be interesting what companies like Procter & Gamble, Pfizer, Merck, General Electric, Johnson & Johnson and Exxon to name a few. We already have seen Wal-Mart, Bank of America, Citigroup and Wells Fargo cuts. Yes the first group of companies will continue to moving workers out of the country unless our dollar goes belly up.
    I would be really interested in links you have on this subject.

    Boeing asked their Machinists union to ratify an 8 year contract so they could be sure of 10 years of peace on the labor front. Among the things in the contract were a move away from defined benefit plans to 401K type plans, more skin in the game on HC. In return the company would build the 777X in WA, provide little COL increases but would pay 10K upon approval of the contract, & the usual yearly production bonus, which in the past has been fairly hefty.

    The union voted it down 2 to 1 - Boeing said we will open the bidding for the plant which will build the 777X, a plane popular in the ME with over 250 preorders. The union now wants to go back to the negotiating table & Boeing is telling them, you had your chance. Is anyone seeing the success Boeing has had in SC with non union labor that this would happen. The plastic airplane is not one that's easy to build.

    I'd like to hear from the union sympathizers on this forum - Stupid or not on the members part?
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orange Ca
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Just ask the Hostess union employees how that worked out. A company has to make profit. If they can't make a profit then they close down. Oh yeah and hostess is back and the union employees are not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •