The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Awesome!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I am not happy about the ACA right now, but with that said it is not over till it is over. After they fix the bugs in the website, make whatever fixes they need to the law and have it fully implemented is when one should decide if it is a failure. Before it is up and running is to soon.
    They have been working on a little thing called income taxes since 1913, still full of problems, and no two people are ever treated the same. I imagine that the ACA will be no different. Glad you want to put your health in hands like that, but it is not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
    Just ask the Hostess union employees how that worked out. A company has to make profit. If they can't make a profit then they close down. Oh yeah and hostess is back and the union employees are not.
    Yeah; Boeing is on the ropes. How will they ever stay in business with such paltry NET profits? It's interesting to note that the % decline in net profit had nothing to do with employee demands or Unions.-Paul

http://atwonline.com/operations/boei...012-net-profit
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post
    They have been working on a little thing called income taxes since 1913, still full of problems, and no two people are ever treated the same. I imagine that the ACA will be no different. Glad you want to put your health in hands like that, but it is not for me.
    I did not choose to have this is the hand of BIg brother. They stepped in and messed it all up/ I will be darned if I;m paying $500 more per month for lowere coverage to feed his beast!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I've been following this thread. I won't go back and cite any particular poster. The jist of most posts seems to be; "they have had four years to get up and going and do it right."

By the same token those that oppose the ACA have had four years to get it repealed. 30 to 40 tries in the house have failed. Why? Somebody with the money and power wants this to go forward. Read money. The ACA was a compromise.
    It was botched legislation at best, but it was what we allowed through complacency.
    We are owned, regardless of your party.

I gotta make some dinner and pretend that tomorrow will go on for ever. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I've been following this thread. I won't go back and cite any particular poster. The jist of most posts seems to be; "they have had four years to get up and going and do it right."

By the same token those that oppose the ACA have had four years to get it repealed. 30 to 40 tries in the house have failed. Why? Somebody with the money and power wants this to go forward. Read money. The ACA was a compromise.
    It was botched legislation at best, but it was what we allowed through complacency.

I did not vote to pay $500 more per month to the beast!
    How about those that pay can vote not the leeches!~

The ACA was not a compromise. Not one republican voted for this bill. It was rushed through congress in the most under-handed way possible, before anyone knew what was in it.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    The ACA was not a compromise. Not one republican voted for this bill. It was rushed through congress in the most under-handed way possible, before anyone knew what was in it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afforda...or_America_Act

Yes it was a compromise.Otherwise we would have medicare for everyone. not just me. JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 11-14-2013 at 07:19 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I would be really interested in links you have on this subject.

Boeing asked their Machinists union to ratify an 8 year contract so they could be sure of 10 years of peace on the labor front. Among the things in the contract were a move away from defined benefit plans to 401K type plans, more skin in the game on HC. In return the company would build the 777X in WA, provide little COL increases but would pay 10K upon approval of the contract, & the usual yearly production bonus, which in the past has been fairly hefty.

The union voted it down 2 to 1 - Boeing said we will open the bidding for the plant which will build the 777X, a plane popular in the ME with over 250 preorders. The union now wants to go back to the negotiating table & Boeing is telling them, you had your chance. Is anyone seeing the success Boeing has had in SC with non union labor that this would happen. The plastic airplane is not one that's easy to build.

I'd like to hear from the union sympathizers on this forum - Stupid or not on the members part?
    Well I actually had to go look for a couple links. However I knew the 5 individuals from Harlan and Massy Twp. was not going to be a link. All the facts about Mason, OH are not on the list because it is just numbers. It must be fiction when not in black and white, a link or backed up by snopes.

Thus, here are a couple.

http://news.investors.com/politics-o...hours-jobs.htm

http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/21/news...ups-obamacare/

Now, I am not 100% sure if UPS's will now take place the first of the year.

I really feel for all the people which this law will have a major impact on their life. However, for the others, what is going to be the next promise they will adore?

Yes it was a compromise.Otherwise we would have medicare for everyone. not just me. JD
    $500 per month more to feed the beast for less coverage who said I agreed to that garbage?? I pay enough already in taxes!

Wasn't it pasted under reconciliation, which is basically a budget bill, and only 51 votes are needed? Thus, there is no filibuster involved.

I do agree that both parties really want this law or the republicans wouldn't be trying to help fix the insurance issue currently. Also, the American public which thinks their congressman is not the problem. They turn around and send 85% of the same individuals back to D.C.