The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52

Thread: Awesome!!!!!!!!

  1. #41
    Senior Member Brad Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afforda...or_America_Act

    Yes it was a compromise.Otherwise we would have medicare for everyone. not just me. JD
    Dig into the references provided for that wiki post and then come back and tell me this was a compromise. I will be patiently awaiting your revised comments
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

    "Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

  2. #42
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    Dig into the references provided for that wiki post and then come back and tell me this was a compromise. I will be patiently awaiting your revised comments
    Patiently awaiting Your digging BT. You throw the gaunlet, You throw the facts. So easy to say, EH?

    I stand by JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  3. #43
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    Wasn't it pasted under reconciliation, which is basically a budget bill, and only 51 votes are needed? Thus, there is no filibuster involved.

    I do agree that both parties really want this law or the republicans wouldn't be trying to help fix the insurance issue currently. Also, the American public which thinks their congressman is not the problem. They turn around and send 85% of the same individuals back to D.C.
    You probably don't like it Dan, but I think you and I are on the same page. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afforda...or_America_Act

    Yes it was a compromise.Otherwise we would have medicare for everyone. not just me. JD
    Yes, it is a compromise in the minds of those liberals who want true socialism, and healthcare is the golden plumb. They have passed a law that is DESIGNED to fail and the hue and cry will be your prized SINGLE EMPLOYER SYSTEM. The community organizer and all the liberals if his ilk, sold this scheme claiming that it would solve problems of healthcare. "It will provide quality healthcare at an affordable cost." And when Obama Care provides neither quality healthcare nor is it affordable, those very same liberals will say "see, I told you so. We should have a SINGLE EMPLOYER SYSTEM to start with.
    When you say "Yes it was a compromise. Otherwise we would have Medicare for everyone, not just me." You are saying EXACTLY that.

    The issues should now be clear to all. Will we as a people have the freedom to live where we choose and work as we choose. Will we have the freedom to raise our children as we choose and worship as we choose. Or will these freedoms be given up for what liberals call the so called governmental "common good".

    So in a way, you are right in saying Obama Care is a compromise. But your solution of "Medicare for everyone", is no compromise at all.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    I did not vote to pay $500 more per month to the beast!
    How about those that pay can vote not the leeches!~
    I think I read somewhere that everybody has the right to vote. Maybe not. So now you want to limit who gets to vote? Maybe we should force everybody to take an IQ test to vote too. Let's really go back. Make it like it was a long time ago. Women can't vote either. That wouldn't work either. We should just selectively choose whom gets to vote and who doesn't. Really?

  6. #46
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,411

    Default

    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Bon, we would like to think this is funny but there are 6,000,000 people and counting, that 2 months ago did not know that they would get up Jan. 1, 2014 with no health insurance. They have no idea and are terrified that when they go to the doctor, that they will be treated. The doctor will look at the patient wondering if he treats, whether he will be reimbursed. He will wonder if he will be able to pay his staff, his business mortgage and his student loans, let alone pay his personal bills. The doctors have only their conscience to guide them and I have little doubt that most will treat and hope for the best. BUT THERE WILL BE A LIMIT. There has to be a limit.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Bon, we would like to think this is funny but there are 6,000,000 people and counting, that 2 months ago did not know that they would get up Jan. 1, 2014 with no health insurance. They have no idea and are terrified that when they go to the doctor, that they will be treated. The doctor will look at the patient wondering if he treats, whether he will be reimbursed. He will wonder if he will be able to pay his staff, his business mortgage and his student loans, let alone pay his personal bills. The doctors have only their conscience to guide them and I have little doubt that most will treat and hope for the best. BUT THERE WILL BE A LIMIT. There has to be a limit.

    January 1, 2014 is the official starting date of ACA.

    January 1, 2014 is the official starting date of the new underground cash economy of medicine.

    People just need to awaken to the fact there is nothing in life which is free. Certain individuals will not be harmed by this law. "PERIOD", as the president has said, and it is a fact in this case.

    The lesson will be how many of those 6 million will believe the new lies before the next election. I would say 40% or more because the congressional hearings on those bad insurance companies will likely start next summer.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    January 1, 2014 is the official starting date of ACA.

    January 1, 2014 is the official starting date of the new underground cash economy of medicine.

    People just need to awaken to the fact there is nothing in life which is free. Certain individuals will not be harmed by this law. "PERIOD", as the president has said, and it is a fact in this case.

    The lesson will be how many of those 6 million will believe the new lies before the next election. I would say 40% or more because the congressional hearings on those bad insurance companies will likely start next summer.
    I have given Christmas gift certificates to my doctors in the past but maybe I will need to take them on a trip duck hunting too.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Brad Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Patiently awaiting Your digging BT. You throw the gaunlet, You throw the facts. So easy to say, EH?

    I stand by JD
    Sorry JD I've been watching the National.

    I had already dug when I made my response, that's why I suggested you look a little deeper. I'll give you the most blatant questionable reference and save you some time. Number 15 in the reference section:
    http://www.freep.com/article/2009122...lth-care-bills
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

    "Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •