The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Affordable Car Act Of 2014

Default The Affordable Car Act Of 2014

http://universalfreepress.com/the-af...r-act-of-2014/ "In order to make sure everyone purchases an ‘affordable car,’ the cost of owning a car will increase on average of 250-400%...If you already have a car, you can keep yours (not really). If you don’t want or don’t need a car, you are required to buy one anyhow. If you refuse to buy one or can’t afford one, you will be regularly fined $800 until you purchase one...Government officials are exempt from this new law."
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

I want a Model T - something I can fix myself .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I want a Model T - something I can fix myself .
    Sounds great on the surface, but good luck procuring parts
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Can I choose my own color? I want black please.
    AFC Black Magic's Return to Lender "Repo"
    Candlewoods Fox-C Mel, MH QAA "Mel"

model a won't work, the gov efficiency standards must be met. i think the only vehicles that will fit the standard are the bronze tier chevy volt, there silver tier toyota prius or the gold tier tesla. trucks are out.

I'm buying an R-CAR.

Somewhat similar to the earlier K-CAR, built by Chrysler, these art-of- the- state beauties are built by the Conservative Corporation at their POTUS plants in several red states in our great Nation. Truly a vehicle for the masses, there are 100% tax rebates applied to every sale. They require no maintenance whatsoever and run on an endless supply of super-heated air, which is shipped to distribution points nationwide from their production plant in Washington, D.C. This amazing fuel is FREE for the life of the vehicle!

Truly, what could be more affordable?-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

I want a new AFFORDABLE ford 350. Say at the price of a bicycle.

PS Funny post Franco. Or maybe it is really a sad post.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I want a new AFFORDABLE ford 350. Say at the price of a bicycle.

PS Funny post Franco. Or maybe it is really a sad post.
    Obviously a satire on O-care. Effective it getting the message across of just how government needs to stay out of what the Private Sector does much better and how government's good intentions actually makes the situation worst. O-care has the potential to be as big as disaster or maybe a bigger disaster than LBJ's Great Society. LBJ's plan, though noble, was intended of eliminating poverty. The results are that it actually grew poverty by subsidizing it.
    Last edited by Franco; 11-19-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

The results that most of us are seeing and feeling is our insurance rates have skyrocketed, our coverage has decreased, and the costs of routine stuff (that many including myself pay out of pocket because we can't afford insurance coverage for prescriptions, check ups, etc.) has also gone up exponentially. The only beneficiaries to Obamacare seem to be insurance companies and big pharma.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

And even those who believed this would be a boon for them are finding out that is not always the case. This is a single mom story from Washington State, which has its own state exchange.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ed-tax-credit/

The mom did get her son on Medicaid ... as best I can understand from this article, but that is not helping her get insurance for herself. It appears that since the son is on Medicaid, she is not eligible for any other subsidy.

It would appear that her pre-O-care premium would have been between $500-$600/mo. By doing the math, it appears that her Gold level plan, without subsidy, would have been $621. It doesn't tell us what the silver-level plan costs for her, alone. That would be added to the $30/mo. she pays for her son on Medicaid (that sounds like a good deal for this kid with a pre-existing condition). However, mom's coverage cost may not be much of a deal.

Many states presently have child coverage available at reduced cost, so not sure if the O-care is much of an improvement over the present situation. However, it is possible that Washington did not have a child coverage program before?

Ironically,
    But she wrote a letter to Obama about the new health care overhaul and what it would mean to her. Her son has ADHD, requires regular doctor visits and must take medication that costs $250 a month.

Obama quoted from Sanford’s letter during an Oct. 21 speech at the Rose Garden, where he was pitching the merits of the new health care law.

“Now, that is not untypical for a lot of folks like Jessica who have been struggling without health insurance,” the president said. “That is what the Affordable Care Act is all about.”
    Except it didn't all work out as anticipated, it would appear. And if she doesn't get coverage for herself, she will incur a tax in 2014. So much for the "incorrect promise" that there would be no increase in taxes for people earning less than $250,000/year.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.