The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: JFK- 50 years later

  1. #1
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,425

    Default JFK- 50 years later

    Has it really been 50 years since JFK was assassinated ..I remember being in the 2nd grade and them letting us out of school at lunchtime.....

    But as gruesome and heinous the event I find myself glued to the CNN special on the subject, unable to look away..Having lived in Dallas for ten years I avoided Dealey Plaza like the plague, having to make that drive down the tunnel or going by Parkland Hospital used to just creep me out. I even remember going to a co workers house, once inside there were pictures of her grandfather DA Henry Wade plastered all over the house, now I see news clips of her grandpa explaining the Jack Ruby -Oswald killing and its chilling because I saw the photos from these news clips in the house

    But the most surreal moment is watching Walter Cronkite's chilling announcement to the world

    Given what we know now with forensic science how can we believe the Warren Commission

    Is it still the crime of the century ? is it the penultimate conspiracy ? is it explainable using science and logic ? or are there still info that is hidden deep in the archives that will never be exposed ?
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  2. #2
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,500

    Default

    I was in 7th grade. I saw Oswald killed on live TV that Sunday morning.

    Then, there was D. A. Jim Garrison's trial of New Orleans, business man Clay Shaw as part of the conspiracy. Garrison felt he had enough overwhelming curcumstances to convict Shaw. Shaw had connections to the CIA as well as the local mob run by Carlos Marcello. Oswald spent his time prior to the assasination in New Orleans. The Warren Commission was a rush job and LBJ wanted to put JFK as far back in the rear view mirror as possible.

    Bobby Kennedy was going after organized crime and the CIA was still pissed at Jack for the Bay Of Pigs disaster.

    I still believe the fatal shot came from the drainage culvert in front of the grassy knoll. Perfect angle and the last place anyone would look during the scramble after the shooting. My money would be on a rogue CIA team.
    Last edited by Franco; 11-14-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  3. #3
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I was in 7th grade. I saw Oswald killed on live TV that Sunday morning.

    Then, there was D. A. Jim Garrison's trial of New Orleans, business man Clay Shaw as part of the conspiracy. Garrison felt he had enough overwhelming curcumstances to convict Shaw. Shaw had connections to the CIA as well as the local mob run by Carlos Marcello. Oswald spent his time prior to the assasination in New Orleans. The Warren Commission was a rush job and LBJ wanted to put JFK as far back in the rear view mirror as possible.

    Bobby Kennedy was going after organized crime and the CIA was still pissed at Jack for the Bay Of Pigs disaster.

    I still believe the fatal shot came from the drainage culvert in front of the grassy knoll. Perfect angle and the last place anyone would look during the scramble after the shooting. My money would be on a rogue CIA team.

    great theory never thought of that...makes more sense then anything the Warren Commission came up with
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,153

    Default

    I'm working in Butte at the time, certainly not a teen ager & active in politics. There was no doubt in my mind that LBJ wanted that job & going to TX was the dumbest thing JFK could do. Too many things point to an inside job, the Jack Ruby thing being the worst.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  5. #5
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I'm working in Butte at the time, certainly not a teen ager & active in politics. There was no doubt in my mind that LBJ wanted that job & going to TX was the dumbest thing JFK could do. Too many things point to an inside job, the Jack Ruby thing being the worst.
    I remember hearing that theory but was too young to understand it at the time it was presented...but LBJ was a VERY powerful Texan in his own backyard, he had a long reach that was felt for decades..I used to hear stories from Cactus P about LBJ since he was part of the inner circle and lifetime employee for KTBC/KLBJ which was owned by the family, he even told those stories at the '74 National in Sacramento as the unofficial nightly entertainment, the man knew how to "work" a room...

    The Jack Ruby angle was just too darn convenient, in retrospect it made the Dallas PD incompetent as all heck..I find it almost comical that they have actual news reporters asking the accused perp questions in an open room..too many loose ends
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  6. #6
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    great theory never thought of that...makes more sense then anything the Warren Commission came up with
    Remember that the predecessor to the CIA during WW2 formed a partnership with the mob to keep US ports safe from terrorism. Most Longshoremen unions at the time were controlled by the mob. Those ties did not end at the end of WW2. The Port Of New Orleans was an extremely important port for the war effort and Clay Shaw was the go-between for the government with the mob. Not only was the mob being persecuted under Bobby Kennedy but the loss of Cuba by the mob cost them dearly as they had already invested millions in casinos, prostitution & drugs with Batista. If one were to ask why JFK was killed, in my mind it was Bobby Kennedy and the Bay Of Pigs which was the MO.
    Last edited by Franco; 11-15-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  7. #7
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,500

    Default

    The Mafia
    With the Kennedy administration's crackdown on organized crime and increasingly lax hold on Cuba -- where the Mafia controlled casinos until Castro's revolution -- American organized crime had a strong motive to order a hit on JFK. Oswald's uncle worked for Carlos Marcello as a bookie, and Oswald was shot by mob-connected Dallas club owner, Jack Ruby, who might have been silencing a fall man who knew too much. Throw in the mysterious trip to Texas on the night of the assassination by the investigators who worked for Marcello's attorney and this theory has legs. http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...rt_maj-story-1
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,153

    Default

    Kiplinger has an article this week in their newsletter about a story that they were going to release the week Kennedy was assasinated, just released today. Be sure to click on the more part to read about Johnson. Apparently Kennedy's presidency was not going that well & he would have been judged harshly for his inabilities.

    kiplinger.com/letterlinks/jfk - type in & do search to bring it up
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •