The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Judges and Handlers Seminar Ohio

Default Judges and Handlers Seminar Ohio

I was just informed that we need your help. The Presque Isle Retriever Club will hold an AKC Judges
    and Handlers Seminar on Saturday Dec 7th. We need at least 25 to run this event.At present we are
    not there and we have a November 21st entry deadline.If you are a handler thinking about judging
    or would like just to better understand how a hunt test is set up and judged please come.It will
    be a valuable tool for you to have in your pocket.This is going to be held at the Ashtabula Coast Guard
    station,401 Morton Drive,Ashtabula 44004. Please make out your check for $40.00 to Presque Isle Retriever
    Club. Mailing adress is C/O Judy Bush,113330 Mitchell Road,Corry,Pa. 16407. Registration is at 8.00AM
    If you have any questions please send them to Dave Philips @ nomadiccg@aol.com. Please we need
    your help!

I'd love to help you out, been looking for a seminar but that is a nine hour drive for me. I'd probably do it but have a medical procedure on Friday that would keep me from driving that day. Good luck, hope it works out.
    Last edited by Hambone; 11-20-2013 at 01:38 AM.
    I think they were all made to shoot because if they were not why did they give them that whirr of wings that moves you suddenly more than any love of country . . . I think that they were made to shoot and some of us were made to shoot them and if that is not so well, never say we did not tell you that we liked it.

E. Hemingway

Mike, has the entry deadline changed? I thought it was 11/28.....

Yeah Dan you are correct.It is the 28th.We were a little off on the date. We may have something worked out.
    Are you coming?

Bad timing for me. Wish I could make it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
    Yeah Dan you are correct.It is the 28th.We were a little off on the date. We may have something worked out.
    Are you coming?
    So the deadline IS the 28th, right? If so - I'll distribute to the OVRC membership. Thanks.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

I would highly recommend that your club do whatever possible to hold this event, even if you do not get your required 25.

The AKC requires a fee ($500 I think). Then, they try to tell you how many people you need to make it worth their time. Well, if the club pays the $500 fee, why should the AKC care if there are 10 or 25 people in the class?

At least that is my opinion.

Another option is to tell the AKC you have the required 25, and put names of club members down, and then when the event actually happens, you have a lot of no-shows, and just say, well darn those club members for not showing. Point is, you still have the seminar, and the ones who need the class / want the class will get the benefit of a class, without having to travel a lot of miles because of many cancelled seminars. I know in 2011, there were 5 different seminars planned along the East Coast, but only 1-2 actually took place because of the required attendees. Just giving a different way to think about it.