The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crawfishing

Default Crawfishing

He extended the dates on the existing plans that people, such as Luvy's that got cancelled. Now the insurance companies are saying that the premiums will probably go up on the plans that they just recently cancelled. How hard could it be to just reinstate what was just recently cancelled? It's only been a few weeks. Reinstate the plans and carry on. Mr. Little, can you justify this for us?

Simple. These plans were scheduled to be cancelled due to the ACA thus no renewal premiums or pool adjustments were ever calculated. These plans, when or if they are continued will be subject to renewal considerations.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    He extended the dates on the existing plans that people, such as Luvy's that got cancelled. Now the insurance companies are saying that the premiums will probably go up on the plans that they just recently cancelled. How hard could it be to just reinstate what was just recently cancelled? It's only been a few weeks. Reinstate the plans and carry on. Mr. Little, can you justify this for us?

I know the answer: those policies no longer exist....for example , I purchased a simple cheap term life insurance policy a few years ago thru my bank (WF), things have changed and I wanted to change beneficiaries, I come to find out the owner of those policies has changed hands at least twice, it still would have been good had I passed away but I had to go thru hoops to find out who now owned that policy

the same goes for your health policy, the company may no longer be in business or doesnt offer that particular plan, they will honor that plan but in reality it no longer exists, and once you cancel it the holding company that bought that from company XYZ is no longer on the hook for it
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Simple. These plans were scheduled to be cancelled due to the ACA thus no renewal premiums or pool adjustments were ever calculated. These plans, when or if they are continued will be subject to renewal considerations.
    Luvy didn't get her cancellation until just recently. How long in advance did the companies know that the plans were scheduled to be cancelled? So in essence, it was a ploy on the president's part, to put the blame back on the insurance companies? This is driving me nuts trying to figure all this crappola out.

Luvy didn't get her cancellation until just recently. How long in advance did the companies know that the plans were scheduled to be cancelled? Three years So in essence, it was a ploy on the president's part, to put the blame back on the insurance companies? Bingo!! This is driving me nuts trying to figure all this crappola out.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Policies must be rewriiten, new rates calculated, all must be sent to state insurance regulators and approved. Here is the other hard issue If a company bought into the exchange scam, they based exchange rates on forcing the healthy to pay for the sick.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Luvy didn't get her cancellation until just recently. How long in advance did the companies know that the plans were scheduled to be cancelled? So in essence, it was a ploy on the president's part, to put the blame back on the insurance companies? This is driving me nuts trying to figure all this crappola out.
    I got a notice back in early August that my premium would increase "substantially"... I called, wrote etc BCBSNC numerous times after the notice to try and find out what type of money we were talking about. They refused to tell me anything other than at 50 I get maternity care etc. We were trying to plan for an increase. If it had gone up 25% that would have been $100 per month. BUt 118% is $500 per month for less coverage and increased risk.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Luvy didn't get her cancellation until just recently. How long in advance did the companies know that the plans were scheduled to be cancelled? Three years So in essence, it was a ploy on the president's part, to put the blame back on the insurance companies? Bingo!! This is driving me nuts trying to figure all this crappola out.

So the companies knew for three years that the policy would be cancelled but just set the notice out?

All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post

So the companies knew for three years that the policy would be cancelled but just set the notice out?

They read the law and knew the law before any in congress read the law, why do you think so many health insurers opted out of the healthcare exchanges? United healthcare wrote the book for the exchanges and then sold it to those in the echanges and opted out. They knew the clusterfark that the Unafordable Care Act would become. Your Messiah can't be trusted and those not InThe exchange has his number.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    They read the law and knew the law before any in congress read the law, why do you think so many health insurers opted out of the healthcare exchanges? United healthcare wrote the book for the exchanges and then sold it to those in the echanges and opted out. They knew the clusterfark that the Unafordable Care Act would become. Your Messiah can't be trusted and those not InThe exchange has his number.

My impression was that companies would be reluctant to participate in exchanges the first year because those wanting in the most would be those currently forgoing treatment because they lack coverage and resources. The young and "healthy" not so much. Although I don't know exactly what that means. I've never been without coverage in my life. By the time my wife was 26 she had been already hospitalized twice, once for appendix surgery and once for gallbladder surgery. Those would have hit us pretty hard at that point in our lives.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)