The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dogs being kill in my area....

Unhappy Dogs being kill in my area....

I very seldom create a new post on this forum, but I just found out that in my area that dogs are being killed or maned for points by whomever. So far, 9 dogs in less than one week have been hit by vehicles for points....Police believe it is teenagers who are responsible.

That is reprehensible. Hope they find the little b*st*rds and make them clean runs at the local rescue shelter for about a year.

Just plain sick. I would love to personally kick their pathetic arses in a thrashing they would never forget. Sorry excuses for human beings.

Disturbed beyond words,
    Irishwhistler

Quote Originally Posted by BJGatley View Post
    I very seldom create a new post on this forum, but I just found out that in my area that dogs are being killed or maned for points by whomever. So far, 9 dogs in less than one week have been hit by vehicles for points....Police believe it is teenagers who are responsible.
    Where is this happening?

That is unbelievable! Once again, where the hell are the parents of these serial killers in the making???? In my area we have to be aware of angry farmers and landowners putting out poison, but at least you can understand them trying to protect their stock from predators. My dogs NEVER EVER go out without me or my husband, period. Does not matter that we live way back on a private dirt road, I feel responsible for their safety and my neighbors' rights. But teens actually going out hunting for the strayed pet or feral dog, that I can not fathom.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

there are a lot of evil people out there. Animal abuse seems to be high on their list. Im sorry please keep your pets safe. if they tend to wander think about a GPS collar, I saw the Tagg collar at my verizon store for $99 .
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

I don't intend to come across as a smarta$$ or a jerk BUT if irresponsible owners didn't let their dogs run loose this wouldn't happen.

Lonnie Spann
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

Quote Originally Posted by Good Dogs View Post
    Where is this happening?
    Jefferson county in SE Idaho....Possibly in the Rigby area. It's been on the local news.

If they don't know who, how do they know about 'points'?
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

Rumors from the local folks....or locals talking about it, because they hear of it. Kids can't be quiet about it.