The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 National Retriever Championship BLOG

[QUOTE=kip;1165357]
    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    How will that have anything to do with the next two series?

well for one reason it will allow the dogs who ran it a ##%% it up a chance to do the ninth series again..... just saying
    Haha... Don't disagree with that. But, that's part of it. Sometimes one benefits from a scrapped test. Once the test is scrapped...it never happened (in the judges books).

There were probably a good many guys sitting there thinking they they could have done that test too. Interesting thing is (to me) I ran a Natl in Cheraw in 2001 and the original 8th series (I think it was) was scrapped after a few dogs ran. Mine wasn't one of them. I went out in the 9th.
    Bill Davis

Good Morning its 6am out west and I wake up and find that the 10th series is coming up..Good Luck to all who have reach this part of the trial
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

16 back to the 10th
    Sorry don't have the numbers

16 back to the 10th, sorry I don't have numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Good Morning its 6am out west and I wake up and find that the 10th series is coming up..Good Luck to all who have reach this part of the trial
    You gettin' all the worms today Bon?
    Tom Rogers; Owned and Handled by Al Capone's Magic Patriot Son - Riot
    [FC/AFC Big Alfonse Capone of Mo-Kan x Dominators Magic Avalon]

R.I.P. Grandpaws FC AFC HRCH Taylorlab Downtown "Dusty" Brown MH & FC CFC CAFC Taylorlabs "Magic" Trick MH CD
    Riot's Career
    on EE

10, 19, 31, 38, 39, 45, 48, 49, 51, 52, 55, 59, 61, 74, 75, 82 courtesy Blackwater FB. Dog 45 starts.

Call backs to 10th

dog 45 ststarts good luck to all

Just a thought...with the limitations of cell service where Nationals are usually held, wouldn't it be useful for the national clubs and/or the RN to rent a Satellite phone or computer for the event? (With the Sat phone, reports could be called out to someone at a computer anywhere in the world instantly)

Are we trying to grow FT's or restrain growth? If we are trying to grow the sport, this is the keystone event. The Super Bowl, World Series of of the retriever world. Folks want to read, see and hear everything they can about it. Feedback that is not a glowing compliment to a particular person is not necessarily an insult or criticism as some want to take it... Just friendly reminders that lots of folks out here in the dog world that can't be at the National want to know what's going on and are hanging on to their computers. We have all become hooked to our iPads, phones etc... We are used to instant info. The retriever world is catching up... But slowly.

PS... The ladies actually doing the blog are doing a great job with what they have to work with.

Just one mans opinion.
    Last edited by huntinman; 11-23-2013 at 08:19 AM.
    Bill Davis

The SRS figured it out and took it one step further with live video and commentator. It can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Just a thought...with the limitations of cell service where Nationals are usually held, wouldn't it be useful for the national clubs and/or the RN to rent a Satellite phone or computer for the event? (With the Sat phone, reports could be called out to someone at a computer anywhere in the world instantly)

Are we trying to grow FT's or restrain growth? If we are trying to grow the sport, this is the keystone event. The Super Bowl, World Series of of the retriever world. Folks want to read, see and hear everything they can about it. Feedback that is not a glowing compliment to a particular person is not necessarily an insult or criticism as some want to take it... Just friendly reminders that lots of folks out here in the dog world that can't be at the National want to know what's going on and are hanging on to their computers. We have all become hooked to our iPads, phones etc... We are used to instant info. The retriever world is catching up... But slowly.

PS... The ladies actually doing the blog are doing a great job with what they have to work with.

Just one mans opinion.
    i agree with you Bill. The RN reporters are doing great with what they are allowed to do, but this isn't only about technology. The controls and censorship on the national have watered it down and have made it less dynamic and interesting. One prime example is not posting the drawings. Those drawings give a much different perspective to the test- where you can see - 2-track, a road, a little stream going through the test that you don't see in the pictures. They have always been posted in the past. Why not post them now? It certainly doesn't affect the sales of retriever news, because I am also subscriber to that. But it would help me enjoy the test, know why the dogs are doing what they are doing,and have a better understanding of the commentary on the blog as it goes along. In the. Old days, there was a reporter and video clips. Granted the AKC was involved. We also used to have two blogs. Now we keep losing information. Very sad. Again, Tina, Tera and Gwen are doing great job. I think it's just time to let us have more information and expand our reporting.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com