The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 National Retriever Championship BLOG

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Since I started following in 2006, the coverage has gotten poorer. No video, no commentary allowed anywhere but on the sanctioned blog, no photos except those originating from "approved" NRC sources, (and sorry Bon, if Cooper Black is open to any would be spectators and the public, photographers can not be forbidden to take or display any photos taken). On top of that, in the last couple of years the ladies on the blog team have done a great job and timely, . . . until the last few series. As the field is narrowed down, the real time news and info stops. Somehow, info is being stifled. For what purpose, by whom, I do not know. All I know is watching these events via internet is about as close as I will ever get to the real thing. All this protectionism does nothing to build interest in the game.
    Perhaps you're not linking in to the RTN website which is current to within a few minutes? And while we there there were a number of folks taking pics and videos and sharing via their smartphones or whatever when they could get adequate signal. However, there are cell coverage holes all over Cooper Black, Wood Duck Pond and Palmetto Field being among the poorest. So communication from those series was constrained.
    While it's too bad that coverage of the NRC does not meet your expectations not all disappointments in life are the result of some conspiracy plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Dogs View Post
    Perhaps you're not linking in to the RTN website which is current to within a few minutes? And while we there there were a number of folks taking pics and videos and sharing via their smartphones or whatever when they could get adequate signal. However, there are cell coverage holes all over Cooper Black, Wood Duck Pond and Palmetto Field being among the poorest. So communication from those series was constrained.
    While it's too bad that coverage of the NRC does not meet your expectations not all disappointments in life are the result of some conspiracy plot.
    The cell problems you mention are exactly why alternative forms of communication have been suggested. It's about increasing access to information, not hurting anyone's feelings.

However, there is no denying that (as John pointed out with his link) the amount of info and number of sources has dwindled in the last few years. Regardless of the reason, we seem to be headed the wrong way on the information highway...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    MLM : I will have to find the video of Danny's bird boy Chester and how he explains the Danny Farmer casting method....it is a must see video

Looking forward to that...
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec CDX MH CGC WCX ***
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Chute View Post

Looking forward to that...
    its on you tube

Quote Originally Posted by MKaty Gutermuth View Post
    its on you tube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7YuWAVR4_c
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Has the last dog run yet???

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

If the blog's callbacks are correct, it appears as though the last dog has run although it seems they might mention that on the blog so can't be sure. And if the callbacks again, are correct, it looks like 3 dogs completed all 10 series without a handle. There are quite a few with 2 handles and one may presume that they are not in contention so now it is up to the only people who matter- the judges.

Not having seen the dogs work, it is hard to tell. Just because someone didn't handle doesn't necessarily mean that their work was superior (though it might have been). Personally, I'd rather see a quick handle than a
    gorilla hunt.
    I'd like to add my thanks to the Blog ladies for a job well done!
    "I love the winning, I can take the losing, but most of all I love to play"

Quote Originally Posted by pam ingham View Post
    If the blog's callbacks are correct, it appears as though the last dog has run although it seems they might mention that on the blog so can't be sure. And if the callbacks again, are correct, it looks like 3 dogs completed all 10 series without a handle. There are quite a few with 2 handles and one may presume that they are not in contention so now it is up to the only people who matter- the judges.
    19,55,61 have not handled so one would assume one of them will win however that remains to be seen

My implication was that the dogs with two handles might not be in contention- regardless, all dogs appeared to have finished and attained the status of finalist so kudos to all. But, there will be only one 2013 NRChampion so good luck and to all the dogs who qualified - great job this year!!