Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 National Retriever Championship BLOG

Quote Originally Posted by cakaiser View Post
    From blog..

61. FC-AFC Rev Blu Genes “Rev”, LM, Ed Forry

came to the line at 4:41 pm

RF: tight quick hunt

MR: straight to the area to retrieve the bird. Good mark!

HFR: traveled under the arc to turn and retrieve the bird.
    Great.....Thanks
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Brownstone's Harley- "Harley" 7/29/2009 (By CH Woodhull's Roger That)
    Maple Hill's Ella Enchanted- "Ella" 8/30/2011 (By FC AFC Land Ahoy)

Carol: you are preaching to the choir....the NRC cant prohibit you or anyone from taking pictures of anything you want at Cooper Black or any other public venue..agreed...But the event itself can be a whole different issue...I can be asked to leave the FT grounds area if I break any regs of the FT itself..just like a sporting event if I whip out my cellphone they can ask me to please refrain from using it, and if I disagree then they have the right to have me removed from the FT area

Lets let them battle that out elsewhere....lets enjoy this 10th series and see who emerges as the new champion
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

In the last two pictures on the blog NRC site it showed Danny Farmer without black gloves and Jerry Patopea with black gloves.Are the gloves not worn by all or is it b/c these are marks? What IF you had to handle? Just curious.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Do they do this often?
    All 4 birds were shot at once with streamers flying in the air. The judges turned to the handlers and to the gallery and said "Welcome to the 10th Series!"

Just got in and missed some things I see!
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

Uncle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lynn Metras View Post
    In the last two pictures on the blog NRC site it showed Danny Farmer without black gloves and Jerry Patopea with black gloves.Are the gloves not worn by all or is it b/c these are marks? What IF you had to handle? Just curious.
    MLM : I will have to find the video of Danny's bird boy Chester and how he explains the Danny Farmer casting method....it is a must see video
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

No one goes to line in a marking test planning to handle, most wear gloves because it is cold or to keep smelly bird scent off your hands, for this I wear goatskin roping gloves which are tan. Much like two sided heeling black gloves are a matter of personal preference and are not worn universally.

Do they do this often?
    All 4 birds were shot at once with streamers flying in the air. The judges turned to the handlers and to the gallery and said "Welcome to the 10th Series!"

Just got in and missed some things I see!
    It was a joke preplanned for the test dog only
    Last edited by EdA; 11-23-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Carol: you are preaching to the choir....the NRC cant prohibit you or anyone from taking pictures of anything you want at Cooper Black or any other public venue..agreed...But the event itself can be a whole different issue...I can be asked to leave the FT grounds area if I break any regs of the FT itself..just like a sporting event if I whip out my cellphone they can ask me to please refrain from using it, and if I disagree then they have the right to have me removed from the FT area

Lets let them battle that out elsewhere....lets enjoy this 10th series and see who emerges as the new champion

It peaked in 2009.

http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...5-NRC-Coverage

Perhaps bottomed out is a better choice of words

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Based on the photos associated with dog #45 and the description given in the blog, I believe the 10th series is back at Goose Pond where the third series was held. I looked at the following WEB site which shows a satellite view of the pond. In the satellite view, North is approximately at 12 noon and South at 6.

https://www.google.com/maps/preview#...!2m1!1e3&fid=7

If this WEB site does not work for you, perhaps you can find another site that shows Goose Pond.

I believe the long point associated with the 2nd bird down – Left Retired (LR), is the point under the “Goose Pond” label. Based on the descriptions for the four marks and the photos on the blog this would put the mat in the general area of the very small triangle formed by the roads in the middle of the view.
    SouthFork Fly

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    No one goes to line in a marking test planning to handle, most wear gloves because it is cold or to keep smelly bird scent off your hands, for this I wear goatskin roping gloves which are tan. Much like two sided heeling black gloves are a matter of personal preference and are not worn universally.

It was a joke preplanned for the test dog only
    See I missed that all. Thanks for the explanation.
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

Uncle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by g_fiebelkorn View Post
    https://www.google.com/maps/preview#...!2m1!1e3&fid=7

I believe the long point associated with the 2nd bird down – Left Retired (LR), is the point under the “Goose Pond” label. Based on the descriptions for the four marks and the photos on the blog this would put the mat in the general area of the very small triangle formed by the roads in the middle of the view.
    Thanks! This really helped me envision the test.