The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Retired Military & Intel Express Concerns

Default Retired Military & Intel Express Concerns

http://thelibertydigest.com/2013/12/...ama-has-begun/

While some press reports criticized the administration for its leaks of details of covert operations, military and intel who know what it's like to be in harm's way are very concerned. Since currently employed personnel cannot participate in political activities, the retired personnel are stepping forward to voice the dangers of these policies.

The Pakistani doctor who helped the US hone in on OBL is still in prison. That detail of the operation, IMO, should NEVER have been released, as it so obviously put that man in danger.

This video runs about 22 minutes.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

As I understand it he was arrested before his involvement became publically known. However I agree there are things people do not need to know. In addition that Dr. is an American hero and we ought to be doing a lot more to have him released and brought to the United States.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://thelibertydigest.com/2013/12/...ama-has-begun/

While some press reports criticized the administration for its leaks of details of covert operations, military and intel who know what it's like to be in harm's way are very concerned. Since currently employed personnel cannot participate in political activities, the retired personnel are stepping forward to voice the dangers of these policies.

The Pakistani doctor who helped the US hone in on OBL is still in prison. That detail of the operation, IMO, should NEVER have been released, as it so obviously put that man in danger.

This video runs about 22 minutes.
    I understood it that he was arrested because he FAILED to disclose information about Bin Laden, not that he supplied it. Clarify anyone?
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    I understood it that he was arrested because he FAILED to disclose information about Bin Laden, not that he supplied it. Clarify anyone?
    Don't know the answer to that, but I could imagine that the P'stanis were ticked that the Dr. didn't say anything to them. They probably already knew OBL was where he was, but weren't about to make waves with AQ or any other Arab countries by helping the US.

As I recall, the info about the Dr. doing the vaccine program just outside that compound came out very soon after the operation was completed ... a matter of days? I'd have to guess that the P'stanis gathered some intel of their own as well.

If they knew before the operation that the Dr. had failed to report OBL's presence, it's surprising that they didn't also anticipate the US operation and warn OBL. Or it's also possible they were just as happy to have the US get OBL out of their hair, so then feigned ignorance of the pending operation later.

If the P'stanis had suspicions of the Dr., the info from the US then confirmed it for them.

Yes, Henlee, we should be doing more to help this man.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I don't think they knew he was there. The Pakistani's are fighting a open war with the Taliban in the Waziristan region. However there could have been parts of the government that knew. There Military and intelligence services operate independent of the government.

Our relationship with the Pakistani's took a crap after the raid. They seem to think that we don't respect their sovereignty. Which I am not going to say that we don't, but I would not want to see remnants of the Taliban and al-Qaida have any pressure taken off of them by hiding in sections of Pakistan that the government doesn't control. I hope that once that is settled we can negotiate the release of the Dr. It probably will not happen before then.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."