The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: But will the Radical Right Listen ? Smart money says NO!

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Bon, you are buying into the lib media talking points. The R's need to stand their ground on the issues they believe in and not be all washy washy. Conservatism works... The politicians are just too afraid of the media. Give me another 20 or 30 Mike Lee's, Ted Cruz', Rand Paul's over the guys who stick their finger in the air before answering a question. The voters would come out in droves.
    Bill : if you read my previous posts on the subject, I said that this point of view gave us McCain and Romney and both were losing propositions...The R Party needs to walk the walk and back up the tough conservative talk, but lately they seem to lose their spine...There were numerous candidates to the right of both McCain and Romney and we (as a Party) didnt nominate any of them....I voted for both men but they were far from my first choices..The R Party has gotten suckered into running the moderate candidate twice now, and part of that problem lies in the fact that many states have an OPEN primary so many libs can cross party lines and you end up with a less than desirable candidate..

I hope and pray that the R Party stays the course and nominates a Conservative candidate that shows a definite difference between whoever the D's choose as their flag bearer...if we lose at least we go down swinging with a real choice, not a watered down version
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

The conservatives kill themselves in the primaries. If you want a conservative to win, get down to one conservative candidate as soon as possible. As far as your moderate candidates go, they always have to push right to get the support of the base that in turn pushes the moderates away. The whole system is set up for self defeat for the republicans and is one of the big arguments I make as to why the party ought to split.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    the members here on the RTF are a prime example of how separated we are on the right..in the last election cycle there were some that backed Newt, others backed Perry and then we saw the early states give us Romney..the problem that I have with the primary process is that I dont feel that the lineup of the early states represent what the overall mood of the country really is...the process was all but mathematically finished before some of the bigger states voted..IMO I would rather see a national primary so we all vote the same day and then if no candidate receives an overwhelming majority then let them battle it out..I dont want Iowa and South Carolina being the barometer for the Party or the country

I live in SC and agree they should not be the barometer for the Party

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I have been saying for years tha the center decides elections and the Republicans have lately been driving them away by insisting that any national candidate pass a litmus test on the most divisive issues (abortion, gay marriage, immigration, etc.) Personally I am pro choice for now (not pro abortion, only a real idiot would be pro abortion). I believe that what consenting adults do in their bedrooms is their business, but any long term, committed, mutually fidelitous couple should have equal rights under the law (never understand why the man and woman married 10 minutes (each for the 6th time) have more rights than the gay couple that has been together for 35 years). Those third rail issues should be off limits and the republicans should, and Newt has said, stand next to the numerous issues where the country is about 85% with us and SMILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    The conservatives kill themselves in the primaries. If you want a conservative to win, get down to one conservative candidate as soon as possible. As far as your moderate candidates go, they always have to push right to get the support of the base that in turn pushes the moderates away. The whole system is set up for self defeat for the republicans and is one of the big arguments I make as to why the party ought to split.
    I agree that the center decides elections. What I believe happens is that the candidates lean either further right or left, depending on the party, to differentiate themselves. We then end up with less than ideal candidates to choose from.
    What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

There is a problem for a party when it embraces its extremes. A candidate must run a campaign for the nomination caters to that ideology in order to prevail. (Example: Romney's, "I'm severely conservative".) Then the candidate must pivot to face an electorate that is more centrist in the campaign for the general election. The result is an impression that the candidate is a shape shifter that will do anything, say anything to get elected.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    There is a problem for a party when it embraces its extremes. A candidate must run a campaign for the nomination caters to that ideology in order to prevail. (Example: Romney's, "I'm severely conservative".) Then the candidate must pivot to face an electorate that is more centrist in the campaign for the general election. The result is an impression that the candidate is a shape shifter that will do anything, say anything to get elected.
    Wow! That's exactly what happened 5 years ago when the extreme left took over the Democrat party and got Obama elected. He has been "Shape Shifting" ever since.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Wow! That's exactly what happened 5 years ago when the extreme left took over the Democrat party and got Obama elected. He has been "Shape Shifting" ever since.
    I thought Hillary had the Left on her side.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Hey, did you see that a candidate backed by Duck Dynasty just won a special election in Louisiana?

As we beat up on "far right", both candidates in the race were against abortion and big govt spending, but the winning candidate was "pragmatic" in approach.

That was a District 5 race. That District is about as Redneck as it gets. The District is northeast Louisiana and the largest metro in that District is Monroe. "
    McAllister has a “great recipe for victory” that included his personal wealth to self-fund most of his campaign, the backlash against the political establishment, the support of “Duck Dynasty” stars and the quirks of Louisiana’s open primary election. " The winner, McAllister, is just as far to the right as the Tea candidate he ran against. The difference is that McAllister outspent Riser 6 to 1.
    Last edited by Franco; 11-18-2013 at 09:08 AM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

The Dem's and Liberal Media have done a job on many of you, and unfortunately many Americans. Since when does someone who believes in; Eliminating Excessive Taxes, Eliminatingthe National Debt, EliminatingDeficit Spending, Protecting Free Markets,Abiding by the Constitution of the United States, Promoting Civic Responsibility, andReducing the Overall Size of Government. Become someone who is a "Radical Right" voter or party member? By the way, these beliefs come from the official "Tea Party Platform"....notice no Social Agenda....SURPRIZED??!! The Republicans are separated by the media hype, planned specifically to demonized candidates and parties that they fear most. Unfortunately, many of you let the media propaganda lead you to your next vote (or lack of vote).....
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 11-18-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    The Dem's and Liberal Media have done a job on many of you, and unfortunately many Americans. Since when does someone who believes in; Eliminating Excessive Taxes, Eliminatingthe National Debt, EliminatingDeficit Spending, Protecting Free Markets,Abiding by the Constitution of the United States, Promoting Civic Responsibility, andReducing the Overall Size of Government. Become someone who is a "Radical Right" voter or party member? By the way, these beliefs come from the official "Tea Party Platform"....notice no Social Agenda....SURPRIZED??!! The Republicans are separated by the media hype, planned specifically to demonized candidates and parties that they fear most. Unfortunately, many of you let the media propaganda lead you to your next vote (or lack of vote).....
    Don't you realize that these are the very issues that moderates call EXTREME, RADICALLY CONSERVATIVE and RACIST ideas? if you don't believe me, just ask the moderate Zeus, he will tell you so.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    That would be great if that were true! Remember, the Teas supported big-government, big spending, and I'll take away you contraception candidate Rick Santorum! Number two on their list was "Lets raid Social Security to balance the budget Newt Gingrich! The Teas just stole a bunch of talking points that sound good but, they are for their style of big and intrusive government as the Teas rejected the one candidate that brought all of those Talking Points to the forefront! The Teas are a one-issue political movement that has zero to do with spending, budgets, debt/deficits, and Liberty.
    Last edited by Franco; 11-18-2013 at 11:25 AM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson