The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: But will the Radical Right Listen ? Smart money says NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Bon, this post is a perfect example of whats wrong with the GOP mindset. Gut shooting one of the family. Brilliant way to pull a floundering party together!

Smart Money Still Says No Regards
    I had never heard of him so I looked him up, probably a reason the GOP didnt turn to him....

Who would you rather they go to, how about some medical doctors that are in politics..plenty to choose from on BOTH sides of the aisle...Would you rather trust your health care to a doctor or to a lawyer
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I had never heard of him so I looked him up, probably a reason the GOP didnt turn to him....

Who would you rather they go to, how about some medical doctors that are in politics..plenty to choose from on BOTH sides of the aisle...Would you rather trust your health care to a doctor or to a lawyer
    Not some Texas right wing politician gifted at fear mongering for sure!
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

Evidently some had rather trust a community organizer.

Ben Carson has some words on this topic:
    Usually when a complex issue is tackled, it is wise to define the basic goals of everyone involved. I think it would be wise for a health care reform plan to include the following:

Basic medical and surgical coverage for every single American.
    Responsibility for health care remaining in the hands of the patient and the caregiver without interference from the government or some third party.
    Absolute freedom to choose the type of insurance plan that fits the personal needs of each individual and family.
    A mechanism to take care of catastrophic health issues and chronic debilitating conditions.
    A mechanism (which most countries have) to provide for individuals who sustain injuries from medical treatments that does not require complex and expensive legal involvement.
    A way to pay for all of it in a manner that involves everyone on a proportional basis.

I am aware of several plans that have been offered and can provide an excellent basis to begin discussing something that works for everyone. Let’s stop saying there is only one way and that no one else has a plan. Such remarks are false and counterproductive.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Evidently this Republican proposal has already been reviewed by the CBO. Of course, if these savings are only v. O-care, we'd probably still be in the red budgetary-wise.

A Republican congressman said Thursday that his alternative to President Obama’s unpopular health-care law would save the country $2.34 trillion in savings over 10 years.

Georgia Rep. Tom Price said the new estimate — produced by former Congressional Budget Office director Douglas Holtz-Eakin — of his Empowering Patients First Act also indicates that his health-care proposals would reduce health-care premium increases seen under Obamacare.

“The status quo in America’s health care system is unacceptable. Today, because of Obamacare, it is only getting worse,” Price said in a statement.

“This analysis confirms that the Empowering Patients First Act would have a tremendously positive impact on our nation’s health care system,” he said.

Price, a medical doctor, said his proposals repeals Obamacare while dealing with the problems of portability and pre-existing illnesses.

Read the text of the bill here.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Why is anyone talking about "alternatives"! Obamacare is law and unless the Republicans take over the House, Senate, and Presidency the law cannot be changed or avoided. Obama and his party forced this down our throats and now they are determined to make it happen...it has never been about health care, it has always been about power! So bend over and take you med's...and next time you vote for a Dem or non-Repub or just choose to not vote at all....remember how this all happened!
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 12-06-2013 at 11:18 AM.